Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Meeting

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 07:59 PM
1stFordTruck
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meeting

Since the weather is warming up, and no one is stating what or where they want to meet, Lets say we we do something February 23, Saturday around lunch. As for where lets get something central for everyone. We can get our Georgia chapter going. What do you guys think?

Old 01-28-2002, 09:03 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Meeting

Feb 23rd won't work for me. Its my birthday and we've got plans. I basically won't be free until the next weekend.

Old 01-29-2002, 09:30 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meeting

March 9th?? I looked back, and I think most of us are within somewhere around 50 miles of Atlanta, correct? Maybe find a place around the airport. That seems to be central. I know one was from Statesboro. That would make for a good drive.

Another thing I thought of - does anyone have a boat? I have 2 jet ski's - we could meet at a lake, have a cookout, bbq, etc. That would make it more dependent on the weather, though. Save that one for the summer...

Well, I'm game for anything...

Old 01-29-2002, 03:21 PM
1stFordTruck
Junior User
Meeting

Well, March 9th sounds good. As for a meeting place we may want to think about something like state parks, where we can cook out and not get ran off. Or, meet somewhere and then go out for lunch or something. State parks cost around $2 a day for parking unless a problem with anyone.

Old 01-29-2002, 04:12 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Meeting

Sounds good - I will look up some state parks and see what I can find. I also have another idea, but want to check on it and run it by Ken first to make sure 'all my ducks are in a row' and the the others will let us do it.

Hope some others will come up with some good ideas also! Hopefully we can make this a semi/quarterly/monthly(?!?!) deal for everyone.

Old 01-29-2002, 05:40 PM
wildjon300ci
Posting Guru
Meeting

I'm not sure, but I believe I can make it. We have a little 12' Jon boat with a little gas motor on the back.

Old 01-30-2002, 10:44 AM
55and65effies
New User
Meeting

Just a thought, but for summer time, Red Top Mountain State Park on Lake Alatoona. I know it would be a ride for you folks on the south side, but they have nice facilities with plenty to do. Beach, Putt-Putt golf and playgrounds for kids. They also have a nice Lodge with restaurant and cabins to rent or campsites for those folks wanting to make a week-end of it. I Have a 23' Foot ski boat if anyone wants to ski, tube, kneeboard or just ride, only problem is I can't(won't) pull it with my '65 so I can't show it off!! Just a thought!

Old 01-30-2002, 10:55 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Meeting

Sounds like we might have something coming together.

If this weather keeps going like it is, I might be on the water sooner than summer!!!

Well, I will keep looking for a place(state park,etc) for March 9th, or another day if need be. Make it a get-together day for meeting, talking, and good food.

keep the ideas coming...

Old 01-31-2002, 09:31 PM
1stFordTruck
Junior User
Meeting

We will need to get a count going of all who will attend, we may need to reserve something in advance. My email is mwj68 at bellsouth.net so if anyone wants to send names or whatever we can get this thing going.
I look forward to meeting everyone soon.

Also - think about food, drinks, etc. - if we do this we may want to bring whatever your family will have or we can do a Grand Cookout or something.

Old 01-31-2002, 10:03 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Meeting

Well, of course I am in. Lets see who else wants to have some fun!!!

Old 02-01-2002, 11:03 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Meeting

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 01-Feb-02 AT 12:05 PM (EST)]Would it be better to meet somewhere for lunch on the first time, like a Golden Corral or something? That way we could reserve a section of the place. We wouldn't have to worry about bringing anything except an empty stomache.

Only reason I say Golden Corral, I know there is one in Stockbridge, and it is right off I-75 and I-675. Easy to find. And there is plenty of parking at the place, plus a shopping center there also if needed...

Old 02-01-2002, 11:26 AM
wildjon300ci
Posting Guru
Meeting

>I Have a 23' Foot ski boat if anyone wants
>to ski, tube, kneeboard or just ride, only problem is I
>can't(won't) pull it with my '65 so I can't show it off!!
>Just a thought!

Well, just a thought, but maybe e and my dad could come pick ya up in that BIG F-350 duelly that we don't have anything to pull with it......Just a thought

Old 02-03-2002, 01:18 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Meeting

1stFord - had anyone new contact you yet? We need to try and get the word out. I know there has to be more than the 4 or 5 people that have responded from GA that read through here.

Would like to see this make into a good gathering...

Old 02-03-2002, 07:42 AM
1stFordTruck
Junior User
Meeting

Hey CobraXP, no one has contacted me. And yes, we need to get the word out.

Old 02-10-2002, 10:30 PM
Sportdeck262
Senior User
Meeting

I've never seen where/how to sign up for the GA Chapter, but I should join the crowd. March 9 is bad for me as I'm going to my son's school band dinner and silent auction that night.
As you can see from my signature, I've got a boat also and two trucks that can pull it. If I've got a conflict, I'll re-arrange my schedule for the boating outing.
Dan

Quick Reply: Meeting