1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

51 f1 what is a ball park value???

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 08:11 PM
va51f1
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
51 f1 what is a ball park value???

we bought a tract of an old farm and found this truck in the back of the place. im guessing its a 51 or 52 from pics i see online. looks like original engine carb ect. no glass but has most all original trim. also how can i id this truck. my 13 year old son wants us to fix her up but im afraid it wouldnt be worth the money we would have to put in it. im looking for a way to post a picture but havent found it yet.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:39 PM
cmoritz
Posting Guru
Hi , and Welcome! to FTE! Can you shoot me an e-mail with a pic?

Hard to get an idea of a value without looking at it, if it's been sitting for along time..may be even more work than most are willing to endure( read $$$)..none-the-less , you found the right place to find the most interest.

Don't let it go to the salvage yard for scrap..too much Americana! Someone,somewhere,somehow can return it to something!
e-mail to kmoritz@advantageexpo.com

Old 10-13-2009, 08:51 PM
jpb222
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I looked in your gallery at the pic of the truck and it looks to be a 51 f-1

I looks pretty rough so the current value isn't much at all but once fixed up an driving they can be quite desirable.

It looks to need a lot of metal repair so but a mig welder and get started!!!!!

Both of the f-1's that I currently have on the road (an drive daily I might add) started in similar OR WORSE condition so here are some pics.

I converted this one to 4x4

I built this one as a sleeper.....I still need to paint it....maybe next year.......

Old 10-13-2009, 10:25 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by jpb222
I looked in your gallery at the pic of the truck and it looks to be a 51 f-1

I looks pretty rough so the current value isn't much at all but once fixed up an driving they can be quite desirable.

It looks to need a lot of metal repair so but a mig welder and get started!!!!!

Both of the f-1's that I currently have on the road (an drive daily I might add) started in similar OR WORSE condition so here are some pics.

I converted this one to 4x4

I built this one as a sleeper.....I still need to paint it....maybe next year.......

I looked in the gallery but it says it does not exist?? I want to see the pictures!
btw I love your 51, Maybe I should make my 51 OD Green to match my 45 GPW?

va51f1 look at the blue pos in my gallery, thats the idea of a truck I started out with over 9 years ago, just barely starting to put it all back together lol.
I haven't spent any money on it yet to date! at least thats what I tell my Wife
Josh

Old 10-13-2009, 10:26 PM
HD74
Elder User
Don't sent it to the juck yard because in the right hands that old farm truck could look like this old farm truck.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:38 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by HD74
Don't sent it to the juck yard because in the right hands that old farm truck could look like this old farm truck.
dang! I love that old farm truck!
Are those 15" or 16" wheels in that picture? also are those an original style trim rings? I have some for my 16" wheels but they have ridges or grooves in them. just curious.
Josh

Old 10-13-2009, 10:40 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Here's a picture of the truck.

To me, the truck is worth a couple of hundred $$ in the condition that it's in. Looks like every panel needs some kind of work.

However, don't let these words discourage you. If you're able to weld and patch, then shouldn't be a problem to fix it.

The main plan is to have fun and build it the way you want it.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:03 PM
SunDown
Senior User
pictures at times arent fair... it does look like some work but if your 13yr old really wants to give it a try, it could be a build expierence neither of you will ever forget.

I only hope that when my children get to that age that they ask to do something like this...

Old 10-13-2009, 11:10 PM
ksmith203
Posting Guru
My two cents: I bought a f6 that was in the same condition, but no engine or transmission. I built it with my dad. I was well into my thirtys and he in his fifties. I will cherish the time we spent together. The last thing we did together was paint that old truck we turned into a tow truck. I lost my father two weeks later to suicide. I will never forget the time we spent fixing that old truck.

I say spend the time with your son. One day not to distant in the future he will be spending his time with everyone except you as far as teens go.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:11 PM
vintage tin
Senior User
heck,id start with that truck.

i think it would be a blast,get it running ,put some air in the tires drive it around your new farm.....fun ...what more could you ask for????

Old 10-14-2009, 08:28 AM
cmoritz
Posting Guru
Good Points fella's!...some " Quality " time with the son during a restoration..even if it takes 30 years is priceless!!

Old 10-14-2009, 09:02 AM
HD74
Elder User
Originally Posted by jmadsen
dang! I love that old farm truck!
Are those 15" or 16" wheels in that picture? also are those an original style trim rings? I have some for my 16" wheels but they have ridges or grooves in them. just curious.
Josh
Thanks Josh, the wheels are 15" so not the original trim rings.