Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Living Locations......

Old 11-26-2002, 05:37 PM
AzPete
Posting Guru
Living Locations......

After looking into where others live, I am really glad we live "south of our valley". This valley is one where if a person drives 9 miles to work (as my wife does in our '01 F150 Lariat 4X4 ), that is a long drive and others cannot understand why we live way out there. Seven miles of that drive is at 55mph. I can go less than a mile and have unlimited off road areas, drive to the top of a 10,470 foot mountain, or still go out and enjoy a days ride on my Honda Gold Wing. Heavy traffic is when I can see half a dozen cars on the major highway when I cross it to get my mail. Not sure but I think there are less than a dozen stop lights. Yes, we have lived in Phoenix 72 - 82 and Tucson 82 - 91 so I know how it is. I also visit each area once in a while to remind me why I live out here. Buying a truck here means you most likely will have one of a kind right off the dealers lot. Any additions are noticed right away and my wife hears about them before I can tell her. There is only one dealer of each brand to worry about and we still get good pricing. Have a problem, catch the owner as he wanders the lot early in the opening hours. If you miss him there, you can bet to run into him somewhere else during the day. To some this may be boring and at one time I thought so to but at ths stage of my life, it is really great. And I will let you figure out where we are at.

Old 11-26-2002, 10:11 PM
wabiker
Posting Guru
Living Locations......

Just a guess...Casa Grande??

Old 11-27-2002, 12:38 PM
Tpsman
New User
Living Locations......

Safford?

But only because that is what your profile says...

Old 11-27-2002, 12:56 PM
wabiker
Posting Guru
Living Locations......

Gila bend? thought I saw a car dealer on my way through once...although, come to think on it.... that might have been a circle K

Old 11-28-2002, 08:42 AM
AzPete
Posting Guru
Living Locations......

Hmmmm, some one is on the ball by useing my profile. Don't know of any others on this board from this area but we sure do have some nice areas to play in.

Old 11-29-2002, 06:20 AM
galaxiefiveohoh
Senior User
Living Locations......

I live in Payson and just love it except for all the weekend traffic on the summer weekends. This time of year though is just grand. I hope we get some snow this year. Last year we only had a couple of dustings.