Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 892504x4

Anyone one in Portland that would be willing to look at a truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 01:54 AM
Mike189677
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Anyone one in Portland that would be willing to look at a truck

I have been looking for a clean rust free v10 super duty and may have found a candidate it has a few more miles than I wanted at 110k trying to find one with under 100k but it has everything else I want except it's not closer to home. Problem is I'm all the way in Virginia Beach and before I put down a deposit and hop on a plane to come check it out I figured I would see if anyone local would be willing to look it over and let me know if they saw anything the sales guy is trying to hide. I just don't want to get all the way out there and find a bunch of rust and problems. I got him to send me some pictures from under the truck but his photography and following instruction skills are lacking to say the least not to mention some dirt that is making what's going on in the bad pictures even harder to tell. The truck is a 03 gray crew cab short bed lariat at east side auto sales 6214 Se 82 ave Portland Oregon. Thanks for reading this pm me and I'll give you my number and make sure the truck is still there before you go by. I've seen a couple little things alreay such as missing trim piece on the back window just really concerned about rust I sold the truck in my sig because of rust and don't won't to be caught up in it again I don't even drive in the rain, and it usually only snows here once a year and the whole place shuts down when the first flurry hits.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:42 PM
892504x4
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike189677
I have been looking for a clean rust free v10 super duty and may have found a candidate it has a few more miles than I wanted at 110k trying to find one with under 100k but it has everything else I want except it's not closer to home. Problem is I'm all the way in Virginia Beach and before I put down a deposit and hop on a plane to come check it out I figured I would see if anyone local would be willing to look it over and let me know if they saw anything the sales guy is trying to hide. I just don't want to get all the way out there and find a bunch of rust and problems. I got him to send me some pictures from under the truck but his photography and following instruction skills are lacking to say the least not to mention some dirt that is making what's going on in the bad pictures even harder to tell. The truck is a 03 gray crew cab short bed lariat at east side auto sales 6214 Se 82 ave Portland Oregon. Thanks for reading this pm me and I'll give you my number and make sure the truck is still there before you go by. I've seen a couple little things alreay such as missing trim piece on the back window just really concerned about rust I sold the truck in my sig because of rust and don't won't to be caught up in it again I don't even drive in the rain, and it usually only snows here once a year and the whole place shuts down when the first flurry hits.

Good evening, I could not let this sit any more. I live in Seaside so it is to far for me to check out for you. We don't seem to have a lot of active folks from the Portland area.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:59 PM
Mike189677
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for replying I was surprised by the lack of response too but it it is what it is. I'm acuactly looking at another truck in Portland I may just hire one of the car ispection services but they seem hit or miss by the reviews I see online.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:35 PM
Hobby welder
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike189677
Thanks for replying I was surprised by the lack of response too but it it is what it is. I'm actually looking at another truck in Portland I may just hire one of the car inspection services but they seem hit or miss by the reviews I see online.
Well, there are a few of us who head that way once in awhile. But I am wondering about the "hop on a plane" note, even more so considering where you live...

I feel that there should be a clean truck out your way. And you must consider, we live on the west coast, you will pay a steep price compared to other regions.
We also tend to have this issue with off roading..... so, I would be willing to bet any truck of those model years has rust on it. Once exposed to the conditions over there and if I am not mistaken salt is used on the roads over there. Thus, the basic surface rust will be a breeding ground for cancer, and you will want to take care of any it has when you buy it.

Anyhow, not to go after you, but I am wary of what you are asking, and perhaps others are too. I am not the one to ask to look it over, I do not have the mechanical knowledge or experience.