Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Great Buy On Walbro GSL 392 Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 08:26 PM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tdpower
So when you dispute it you should go through paypal and not ebay. Never had to do this before.
Originally Posted by big poppa pump
Good question, X2, subscribing!!
I had to do it once and paypal is what I used. I'm not quite sure how ebay's dispute system works. If you payed with paypal, you might as well dispute it through paypal.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Old 09-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Holly.... !!! I just saw this after being off-line for a few days. I was ready to pull the trigger on this. Sorry, mike to hear of the drama. What a heck of a deal you had to go thru. I even bookmarked the seller as a favorite. I guess they are not as reputable as they first appeared.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:11 PM
pwstroker69
Senior User
OK, I can't offer much help with the trucks and you guys are always there for people like me so let me jump in where I can on the ebay deal. I disputed once in about 6 years of buying on ebay. I got stiffed by a tranny shop that sold me a rebild kit and never sent it out. I disputed with paypal and they found the guy took the money and never sent the item. They then said he has no money on his paypal account so there's no more we can do. Huh? Suspend his account until he repays what he stole??? I don't have a lot of faith in them. Never done it through ebay but I think that's the proper course of action, ebay first, then paypal, but this guy will probably want to keep his ebay account and wilol respond to them (my guess). Anyway best of luck with getting yer refunds.
For what it's worth, I did buy a pump today. Here's the link to the one I finally bought; WALBRO GSL392 255LPH INLINE FUEL PUMP WITH KIT, GSL 392:eBay Motors (item 230376186117 end time Oct-09-09 18:24:46 PDT)
in case you don't like shrunken links, it is ebay Item# 230376186117.

I've already paid and received a note in the invoice with the owners name and tel.# on it, so it seems more legit to me. I paid a little over a buck ten for a Walbro.

All the best, David.

Originally Posted by tdpower
So when you dispute it you should go through paypal and not ebay. Never had to do this before.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Paypal better come through. If you had paid with a regular CC you could cancel payment for non receipt and that would be that. So much for safe and secure with paypal.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:13 AM
pwstroker69
Senior User
This should prolly be a new thread/ question, but seeing the interested parties are already subscribed here.......
I am at the same stage as you Mike, I want to replace the stocker, which now has 130k on it and keep IT for a spare. I then want to do the in tan mods because I have had some fuel issues which I reported here before but haven;t had since I've been keeping the tank MORE than 1/4 full all the time. I think my tank needs cleaning out as well as the screen is prolly all gooked up and I want to run a new fuel line too. I was looking at the ITP kit for some time now but I know Clay was working on something similar, just don't see it on his site yet. The filter on the ITP is not really what I want and even tho' I trust guzzle's page, I have a hard time seeing that a couple pieces of tubing, along with some some fittings, ss bolts and clamps should cost 75 bucks. Maybe I'm wrong?
Is there another pre-fab option out there? Will there be soon? Any other thoughts and insights from those of you who've already done, or are doing this?

Thanks, as always. David.

Thats correct, it can be done but all I wanted to do is eliminate the quick connect and put a pre-pump filter on the input side like Robin has and do the intanks, I'll keep you posted.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:33 AM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
Here is the right pump from another seller on Ebay for a few dollars cheaper..........WALBRO GSL392 255LPH PUMP W/ KIT GSL 392 FREE SHIPPING:eBay Motors (item 230368277750 end time Oct-15-09 19:44:34 PDT)

Old 10-01-2009, 11:32 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for the support and feedback fellas, went to DC on a class trip today with my oldest so heres an update:: My wife calls me around 7:30pm EST and tells me a person calls asking for me and she tells them I,m not avail. now, but will be later when I get home and my wife ask's who's calling and the lady gets nasty with her and said she will call back later and hangs up. Well, the caller ID picked up the name of business and phone number so I'll file my complain with E-bay and Pay-pal tomorrow first thing in the morning and post back my results as soon as I hear something. I,m not calling that number until I get something back from the E-Bay and Paypal so not to screw anything up. Just hypothetical, they could be stalling to screw me out of the 30 day 100% no questions asked money back guarantee cause after that its replacement time so they know I'll have to upgrade with more money paid to them for the right one. I don't know, just totally clueless a company with such high marks would just turn like this, the saga continues, hopefully not for long.. Stay tuned

Old 10-02-2009, 08:48 AM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
So you never got an email back from them?

Old 10-02-2009, 09:07 AM
tdpower
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have not got mine yet. Just emailed them with no response. I would like to exchange mine for a walbro pump but kind of leary about giving them any more money. I guess after I get mine time to start making the phone calls.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:14 PM
pwstroker69
Senior User
OK, to update y'all on my situation, in case it helps.... I requested they cancel the transaction and they actually did, last night. I received an email from Christian, who was quite cool about it (then again, they didn't have my payment yet) and said how their pumps are of the best quality, blah, blah, blah.
He asked that I leave a positive feedback but I declined, saying I thought the listing was misleading and misrepresented. Maybe you guys will have an easier time that quite a few of us had the same complaint all at the same time???

Good luck, David.
Still looking for suggestions on the in tanks, btw.

Thanks for the support and feedback fellas, I don't know, just totally clueless a company with such high marks would just turn like this, the saga continues, hopefully not for long.. Stay tuned

Old 10-02-2009, 12:32 PM
tdpower
Postmaster
David,

I recently did the in tank mods. I took the DIY route. Probably cost around 40-50 bucks. I used the break line from O'rieleys and found it hard to bend w/o kinking on the return line. I even got one of the benders like Guzzle had. I used the 30r7 fuel line the converted over to the 30r9 before the inline fuel filter because of the big difference in price. I would recommend this filter: NAPAONLINE. You might save a 20 bucks on the DIY route but I think it I did it again I would just go with the kit from itp.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:41 PM
pwstroker69
Senior User
Thanks Grant. That's all i needed to hear, the cost. For a $20 difference it's a no brainer. I'm gonna order the ITP now.

Cheers, David.

[quote=tdpower;7992630]David,

I recently did the in tank mods. I took the DIY route. Probably cost around 40-50 bucks. quote]

Old 10-02-2009, 04:18 PM
tdpower
Postmaster
Looks like it is my lucky day! I ended up getting the walbro gsl392 fuel pump: walbro gsl 392 fuel pump picture by galexander - Photobucket

It came with the install kit as well. I have Mike to thank for pointing out that they were shipping out the other pump. I emailed them right away and told them that I did not want their pump and wanted the walbro one. I also told them that the ad was misleading because it was using walbro part numbers. Ten minutes later I got a shipping confirmation but no other email back. So I ended up getting it for 79 bucks. I think I will go buy a lotto ticket today.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:29 PM
tdpower
Postmaster
I got the new pump in and all is good. Wouldn't really want to do it on the side of the road. I need to put a shut off valve in-line. I'm thinking everybody that ordered one should get a walbro from the misleading ad. Good luck to others........

Old 10-02-2009, 06:44 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well David, glad it worked out. Grant, did you order the pump off the same page as me?? Anyways, glad you got what you paid for, still scratching my head, still no return anything. Just filed a complaint with Pay-pal and it went thru E-bay, so we'll see what happens. If they were to exchange for the Walbro, I would accept that but at this point, I really don't trust them anymore.

Quick Reply: Great Buy On Walbro GSL 392 Fuel Pump