Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CB radio placement

Old 09-24-2009, 09:54 AM
broncxl302
Junior User
broncxl302 is starting off with a positive reputation.
CB radio placement

ok so i really like my truck and its a lariat and has everything and i like how it looks on the inside now. but i would like to add a CB radio. i dont want one just plopped on the floor i would like it to look good and neat somewhere and looking around the cab i cant think of anyplace to put one any suggestions?

Old 09-24-2009, 10:02 AM
That_Guy
Postmaster
That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.
Mines right under the 4x4 switch, where most people put a brake controller. You cant pretty put it anywhere you want, you jsut have to make it work. Ive seen them in the dash and various other plaves.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:16 PM
clintbonnie
Postmaster
clintbonnie has a very good reputation on FTE.clintbonnie has a very good reputation on FTE.clintbonnie has a very good reputation on FTE.
Here is a good information link on CB's.. The range of signal is not too good right now.. the sun spots, etc have mess up the conditions.. I believe it run a cycles..
http://www.advancedspecialties.net/cb-radio-faq.htm

Old 09-24-2009, 12:29 PM
broncxl302
Junior User
broncxl302 is starting off with a positive reputation.
yea i got a brake controller there now so thats out unless i move it. but thanks and thanks for the link clint i had no idea all that had a factor. good stuff thanks guys

Old 09-24-2009, 12:45 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.
Here ya go bud, excuse the mess, was putting in my gauges but this is where I got my CB, its out of the way and whats nice, I put a mini bunggie cord on the back of the mic and when i,m on the road for long periods, I hang it on the sun visor shade clip, not pictured..

Old 09-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
This is how Billy Bob mounted his CB, and since Jeff pointed me to his pictures, it's also how I plan on mounting mine.

Stewart

Old 09-24-2009, 11:33 PM
That_Guy
Postmaster
That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by big poppa pump View Post
Here ya go bud, excuse the mess, was putting in my gauges but this is where I got my CB, its out of the way and whats nice, I put a mini bunggie cord on the back of the mic and when i,m on the road for long periods, I hang it on the sun visor shade clip, not pictured..
Thats how mine is.

Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
This is how Billy Bob mounted his CB, and since Jeff pointed me to his pictures, it's also how I plan on mounting mine.

Stewart
And thats what I want to do when I get a new head unit.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:29 AM
gasgrunt88
Elder User
gasgrunt88 has a good reputation on FTE.gasgrunt88 has a good reputation on FTE.
That looks pretty nice Stewart. I gotta join the club and get a CB but the van turbo is priority right now...

Old 09-25-2009, 12:30 AM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend
4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of
i have the cobra 148 gtl which is a big cb. i attached it to my center console here some pics

Old 09-25-2009, 02:05 AM
UNTAMND
Postmaster
UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.UNTAMND has a great reputation on FTE.
I had the trashbag holder instead of the ashtray in my truck, so I removed it and cut out an aluminum plate to fill the hole and then mounted the cb under the cup holder (also removed and alum switch plate there now)

My cubby hole has the power inverter and because I have the underdash gaugepod (that I prefer over he apillar pod) I mounted the brake controller above the hood latch to the left of the parking brake release. It all seems to be placed really well I think.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:30 AM
AgFord
New User
AgFord is starting off with a positive reputation.
Had mine mounted just like this very easy to reach while driving and such. Only problem I had was I had manual shift 4WD and it would get in the way a little from time to time.

[/quote]