Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-350 headaches

Old 09-23-2009, 02:52 PM
F-350 headaches
New User
F-350 headaches is starting off with a positive reputation.
F-350 headaches

Problems with a 99-F350 7.3 4X4 Superduty. Has 110,000 miles, never had a problem until recent. Would shut off while driving. Changed Lift pump, still having problem. Took into Ford for CPS, shut off stoped, but a miss started. At idle you can hear the miss, shakes real bad, until you put it in overdrive. At 40 mph, shakes, but stops after 45mph. Runs okay after that, but still has a miss. No codes pops up. One time it came up misfire, but never was able to get that or any other codes after. HELP!
Any Idea where to look?

Old 09-23-2009, 03:22 PM
joe f350
Post Fiend
joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.
wrong fourm u need the power stroke fourm this is the idi fourm

Old 09-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Want-A-Be 7.3
Senior User
Want-A-Be 7.3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome F-350 headaches to FTE, There is a lot of good help on this site, you should get some other people chiming in. As for your problem there is a wiring harness that connects at the top edge of your valve covers that fire the injectors, the harness can chaff and the connectors can come loose under the Cover. Here is a link to some pics and testing procedure. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...jector+harness

Sorry for the long address, I don't know how to do it the short way, just open a new window, copy and past in the new window. or just click the address.

Last edited by Want-A-Be 7.3; 09-25-2009 at 11:15 AM. Reason: more instructions
Old 09-25-2009, 11:48 AM
just another truck
Post Fiend
just another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by F-350 headaches View Post
Problems with a 99-F350 7.3 4X4 Superduty. Has 110,000 miles, never had a problem until recent. Would shut off while driving. Changed Lift pump, still having problem. Took into Ford for CPS, shut off stoped, but a miss started. At idle you can hear the miss, shakes real bad, until you put it in overdrive. At 40 mph, shakes, but stops after 45mph. Runs okay after that, but still has a miss. No codes pops up. One time it came up misfire, but never was able to get that or any other codes after. HELP!
Any Idea where to look?
Sorry to ask you to get real specific on this, but when you go from 40 to 45, is your trans shifting gears?? Then it runs better, like when you go into overdrive?

Old 09-25-2009, 12:15 PM
clintbonnie
Postmaster
clintbonnie has a very good reputation on FTE.clintbonnie has a very good reputation on FTE.clintbonnie has a very good reputation on FTE.
I agree with "Want-to-Be".. probably under the valve cover plastic plug/s has come loose.. Mine did the same thing at 60K... If so, you can fix it for $0.. just following the link he provided.. Did your SEL light come on? You should also get your fault codes read for a better idea what is going on... Welcome to Forum...

Old 09-25-2009, 01:09 PM
87 F-150 I6
Posting Guru
87 F-150 I6 has a good reputation on FTE.87 F-150 I6 has a good reputation on FTE.
I would also check the UVCH, also when was the last time you changed your oil and fuel filter?

Old 09-25-2009, 01:15 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Post Fiend
CampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputation
Could have gotten a faulty CPS, or have a bad wire at the plug going to the CPS. Since the problem changed when the CPS was replaced, that's where I'd be looking real hard. Some CPS's are bad right out of the box.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:07 PM
orng1
Postmaster
orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.
They need to look into that, I haven't had one fail but i did notice a light miss with the newer one when they "updated" it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.