British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: sky Cowboy

where is you fav place to go off-roading?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 01:43 PM
ryanfrompoco
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where is you fav place to go off-roading?

hey where do you guys like to wheel? I tend to go to stave lake but I am getting bored out there anyways where do you guy like to go?

Old 09-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Flying_Dutchman
Posting Guru
I don't know how many of us lower mainland guys actually do any wheeling. I lifted my truck with the intention of using it offroad. But I decided I didn't want to risk wrecking it.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:32 PM
R031Kona
Laughing Gas
The interior , the whipsaw, anywhere 51/2" lift 33's and a winch can take me without the certainty of wrecking my truck!

Old 09-22-2009, 02:43 PM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Back in the day, we used to go to Strawberry Island. About halfway between Mission and Agassiz on the Lougheed Highway. I think that place is closed now. Another place was Annacis Island, when only half of it was built up. Also, under the Lions Gate Bridge, on the North Van side, just south of the rail yard. It's either rail property, or reserve, but nobody ever said anything.

Keep in mind I'm going back like 15 years. I don't wheel much anymore. When I do, it's on a quad.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by ryanfrompoco
hey where do you guys like to wheel? I tend to go to stave lake but I am getting bored out there anyways where do you guy like to go?
Used to do it. Now too old and parts cost too much. I don't know how a big heavy stock diesel would preform.

Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman
I don't know how many of us lower mainland guys actually do any wheeling. I lifted my truck with the intention of using it offroad. But I decided I didn't want to risk wrecking it.
Cause it's pretty

Originally Posted by R031Kona
The interior , the whipsaw, anywhere 51/2" lift 33's and a winch can take me without the certainty of wrecking my truck!
Have you ever gone out without some kind of bruise.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:10 PM
Post Fiend
Hey Chris, I was reading this thread and trying to figure out an
answer and the only answer I came up with is that I haven't found
it yet. Have been to quite a few places in PA, MD VA WV NC SC
as long as I come back out and the truck got muddy I had a good time.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Fordfanatic4life
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
whipsaw trail was always my fav. spot..

more for the adventure then the actual wheelin thou...

dont offroad at all anymore thou.. did it for years, im done with that scene now...

now i just enjoy watching vids of others doing it now, haahah

Old 09-23-2009, 10:52 AM
J_E_Summit
Postmaster
I don't really offroad. I chew my way up unplowed winter roads to go sledding, and I chew through the mud on construction sites to get to and from work.

My true offroading involves sleds and quads/utvs.

Attached Images   
Old 09-25-2009, 06:53 PM
ClearlyBC
Senior User
My experience to going wheeling has been limited to only the area from Valemount on down to Kamloops, ecept the one trip a few years back when we did some wheeling up around Revlstoke. My favorite place we have gone yet is up around Blue River, and the terain in that area makes for some good weekend trips both in the truck and on the quad.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:40 PM
BCHauler
Fleet Mechanic
I went wheeling at Strawberry Island once, back in the 90's. A buddy and I went up in his 78 Bronco. Watched this dude in a huge picture-perfect 70's Dodge pull this guy out who was stuck. After he yanked the guy out though he stopped to close and the pulled truck slammed into the front of the Dodge. We moved on cause the guy was freaking out. Later, we found these young guys trying to cross this big mud pit in their Dad's brand new company Suburban. Leather, the whole nine yards. Parents were on vacation. Of course, they get stuck in the middle of the bog. Mud up past the door sills. We ended up pulling him out after one of the kids WADED back to get a tow strap. That truck was swimming in mud on the inside. I still remember the look on that kids face

Wish that place was still open. It was fun.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:36 PM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

A buddy of mine got stuck in that huge *** puddle. He was going slow too, trying to get a feel for it, and then all of a sudden the front went in, and had water up to the bottom of the steering wheel. Took us a couple hours of figuring to get him out. Another buddy got soaked trying to hook up the straps. Worst stuck I've ever seen.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:32 AM
R031Kona
Laughing Gas
Did he kill it?

Old 10-08-2009, 02:41 AM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by BCHauler
I went wheeling at Strawberry Island once, back in the 90's. A buddy and I went up in his 78 Bronco. Watched this dude in a huge picture-perfect 70's Dodge pull this guy out who was stuck. After he yanked the guy out though he stopped to close and the pulled truck slammed into the front of the Dodge. We moved on cause the guy was freaking out. Later, we found these young guys trying to cross this big mud pit in their Dad's brand new company Suburban. Leather, the whole nine yards. Parents were on vacation. Of course, they get stuck in the middle of the bog. Mud up past the door sills. We ended up pulling him out after one of the kids WADED back to get a tow strap. That truck was swimming in mud on the inside. I still remember the look on that kids face

Wish that place was still open. It was fun.
Hey Todd haven't heard from you in some time.

How's things?

Old 10-08-2009, 03:05 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
alaska is my favorite place to go offroading.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:49 PM
BCHauler
Fleet Mechanic
I'm good Chris, thanks for asking. Lots of things have happened over the last few months - my third son was born in August, then 8 days later we moved to Bowen Island.

Just starting to get a life back, and that means more time to play with my truck.

Quick Reply: where is you fav place to go off-roading?