Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1994 F150 351 4x2

Old 09-20-2009, 02:05 PM
jeff9942
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First - Thanks for the passion in this forum. Lets me know I am in the right place. Thanks for the guys who made comments on me being a newby. No hard feelings what so ever turner. I am 43 years old and have always wanted to build a truck for "me" not my kids or anybody else. Well after many years of marriage and 3 kids that is finally becoming a reality. I have always been a ford fan but have not made or taken the time as I had my interest in my kids. I am still married too.
This truck is the one I bought for my 17 year old son for his 17th BDay. Well since then he has got a job and just bought a 93 5.0 SuperCab
The truck in the picture is the 351W - mechanically the truck is in terrific condition have gotten positive feedback from experienced mechanics. The only major thing wrong with it is the oil pan has a rust spot - currently sealed with JB Weld, however, I am preparing to replace along with the oil pump (since I will be in the area).

Exterior/Interior - The picture does is great justice. The paint job is very poor, it needs new fenders and the interior is a mismatch of colors. Previous owner tried to paint things inside. I plan on replacing most of it with the original color (maroon). The wheels were painted too with some black paint or maybe it was over spray when the truck was painted. The original color of the truck was silver/maroon

Some things I want to also do -
Replace valve covers peeling paint and some rust spots - no leaks though
Replace fenders - and get ready to paint.
However, I will being doing some investigation into some minor upgrades to engine - This truck is the best running vehicle I have ever owned. It will flat out move.

Since I posted my first on this subject I have purchased a Chiltons manual.

Thanks again guys - I may need your assistance in the future. I will try to learn how to use this site to its fullest in the mean time

Old 09-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Country705
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=jeff9942;7952513]First - Thanks for the passion in this forum. Lets me know I am in the right place. Thanks for the guys who made comments on me being a newby. No hard feelings what so ever turner. I am 43 years old and have always wanted to build a truck for "me" not my kids or anybody else. Well after many years of marriage and 3 kids that is finally becoming a reality. I have always been a ford fan but have not made or taken the time as I had my interest in my kids. I am still married too.
This truck is the one I bought for my 17 year old son for his 17th BDay. Well since then he has got a job and just bought a 93 5.0 SuperCab
The truck in the picture is the 351W - mechanically the truck is in terrific condition have gotten positive feedback from experienced mechanics. The only major thing wrong with it is the oil pan has a rust spot - currently sealed with JB Weld, however, I am preparing to replace along with the oil pump (since I will be in the area).

Exterior/Interior - The picture does is great justice. The paint job is very poor, it needs new fenders and the interior is a mismatch of colors. Previous owner tried to paint things inside. I plan on replacing most of it with the original color (maroon). The wheels were painted too with some black paint or maybe it was over spray when the truck was painted. The original color of the truck was silver/maroon

Some things I want to also do -
Replace valve covers peeling paint and some rust spots - no leaks though
Replace fenders - and get ready to paint.
However, I will being doing some investigation into some minor upgrades to engine - This truck is the best running vehicle I have ever owned. It will flat out move.

Since I posted my first on this subject I have purchased a Chiltons manual.

Thanks again guys - I may need your assistance in the future. I will try to learn how to use this site to its fullest in the mean time[/quote

I hope you enjoy this site because i have for a long time. anyways moving on past that misunderstanding. My truck has a 302 and it used to be a very strong engine however i have decided to go the 351w route myself they have lots of torq and some extra cubes over the 302 also aftermarket is plentyful. if you need any body parts lmc truck has good high quality body parts. www.lmctruck.com There body parts are done in electric primer or something like that but anyways you dont have to take the primer off you can paint over it because this primer prevents rust, if you want OE Equipment ed @ y2kfordparts.com has fantastic infomation and gives good prices.