Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Always Wanted One, Finally Got One.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 09:45 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Always Wanted One, Finally Got One.

After seeing all you guys with your Pete's armor filter covers, I contacted Pete thru E-mail and ordered mine. Since my filter was an S-B cone style filter, he asked for a bunch of measurement so he could put together a perfect fit and as you can see, perfect. It comes with a draw string to keep it on the filter plus some extra patches in case you get a tear or rip, nice thinking. Pete, thanks very much and I'll be getting some extras in different colors to go along with my still undecided under the hood color scheme. You rock man.. And you know I got these, gotta have pics, and in the truck

Old 09-16-2009, 09:50 PM
indyF-350psd
you can't fix stupid!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
saweet! they are nice arent they? pete's da man........

Old 09-16-2009, 09:57 PM
8tsixt
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:01 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice Mike!!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:13 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Thanks guys, really glad I got one, him and his daughter really do great work. At first when I got the S-B system because of my oiled filter, I didn't think I needed one but I asked Pete and he said he made them for other guys with the oiled filters so I figured, lets do it, looks great, better filtering without the loss of airflow, two thumbs up.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:08 PM
milleroutdoors
Posting Guru
Looks good!!!!

Old 09-16-2009, 11:17 PM
jhand124
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by big poppa pump
After seeing all you guys with your Pete's armor filter covers, I contacted Pete thru E-mail and ordered mine. Since my filter was an S-B cone style filter, he asked for a bunch of measurement so he could put together a perfect fit and as you can see, perfect. It comes with a draw string to keep it on the filter plus some extra patches in case you get a tear or rip, nice thinking. Pete, thanks very much and I'll be getting some extras in different colors to go along with my still undecided under the hood color scheme. You rock man.. And you know I got these, gotta have pics, and in the truck
Mike, oiled or not they are nice to have. I think I was one of the first to have pete fit an AFE stage II, he was working on a pattern with a filter someone gave him can't remember who. The location of the graphics wasn't quite right on mine I didn't care but he still sent me 2 new ones free of charge. Come to think of it I need to order some new ones, for a different look not because the old ones aren't holding up.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 782 Likes on 595 Posts
That does look good.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:34 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by jhand124
Mike, oiled or not they are nice to have. I think I was one of the first to have pete fit an AFE stage II, he was working on a pattern with a filter someone gave him can't remember who. The location of the graphics wasn't quite right on mine I didn't care but he still sent me 2 new ones free of charge. Come to think of it I need to order some new ones, for a different look not because the old ones aren't holding up.
Pete did mention doing a few for other people with the oiled filters, that just solidified my decision to get one. Just seen from one of the pics a little extra on one side, went out and looked and I didn't have it wrapped around the bottom all the way on one side on the filter, snug now. My graphics on mine are perfect, actually, I didn't say what color I wanted the T444E, didn't even ask, I think Pete remembered me telling him my boots were blus and he put it all together perfect, kudos to Pete.

Originally Posted by Kwikkordead
That does look good.
Thanks Dan, very happy I got one. On a side note, my last U.O.A. my silicon level was 5 PPM, great numbers for the S-B oiled element, wondering if this will help even further to get even a lower number on the contaminates.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:02 AM
jhand124
Posting Guru
Thanks Dan, very happy I got one. On a side note, my last U.O.A. my silicon level was 5 PPM, great numbers for the S-B oiled element, wondering if this will help even further to get even a lower number on the contaminates.[/quote]

I'm not sure about lowering the contaminates, but the covers do make the frequency of filter cleanings a lot less. I run with two filters and clean about every six months or 15K, because I have a 2nd filter I just change and go, then clean the dirty filter as time allows.

I put most of my miles on in the summer when it is dusty and have noticed that the cover blocks a lot of the big contaminates.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:09 AM
big poppa
Post Fiend
I hear you on the less frequent cleaning, one of the reasons I got it plus looks. O yea, nice to see yaa back on recently Jason, I know you been busy..

Old 09-17-2009, 12:15 AM
jhand124
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by big poppa pump
O yea, nice to see yaa back on recently Jason, I know you been busy..
You ain't shizzin, good to be on and chat in though.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:04 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
You guys are just too nice, and I appreciate your kindnesses very much.

Jason, you were one of my test victims on that neon green fabric, which didn't end up working out very well even though it looked really good. Since that time, I've upgraded all my fabrics to a tougher material that seems to be holding up much better.

Regarding lowering silica numbers with the covers, I don't think that's really going to happen. Most of the silica contamination comes in as a very fine dust, most of which will pass through my covers. Like Jason mentioned, the primary purpose for the cover is to keep out the big stiff that can quickly blind a filter and sometimes be difficult to remove(small leaves, grass/hay chaff, bugs, bird feathers, straw, heavy sand/dirt, etc.). Looking good and having a nice-n-tight fit is secondary, but does make the effort look more intentional.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:12 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good Mike. Pete can turn out some nice looking filter covers.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:13 AM
Adam0331
Posting Guru
Looks good Mike. Glad you got it.

Quick Reply: Always Wanted One, Finally Got One.