N Y new hitch law?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 10:39 AM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by vman
HEY STANLEY I am drunk but yes I got that ticket on the thruway you tard.
Vman, when you sober up, please re-read the post. I think you will see that I was being supportive of you. So, there was no need to call me a name. If you have some other issue with me let me know and we'll see if we can work it out.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:22 PM
bill11012
Modular motor junkie
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by StanleyZ
Hey Bill, sorry, my bad. I just figured out you were not calling me a retard, just telling me what it meant.
Dont worry about it, it happens.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:23 PM
TexasRebel
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice find, but how does it lift/lower the hay bale?
who needs to lift/lower a bale when you're just trying to cause as much damage as possible to the car behind you?

How about a compromise?

For those of you who don't feel that the stock bumper offers enough protection, how about a receiver insert that reaches from fender to fender that acts just like a stouter bumper, but is a good 6" lower (for a straight one) and will protect your rear end? It can come in drop lenghts to accomidate any lifts, or just sit as low as you desire.

Then, instead of trying to impale the driver behind you that took his/her eyes off the road for the wrong second, you spread their damage across the front of their vehicle, and protect your pickup just the same...

Old 09-27-2009, 04:59 PM
bill11012
Modular motor junkie
Sounds good, but with out a drop.
If you had a drop on it, it would leverage the force and bend the frame.
If you had a level with the frame guard like that, I think it would be great.
Make a nice step too.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:10 PM
LMS Residential
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bunklash
mudmaker, I learn more from you all the time. So only stupidity can cause somebody to be hurt by a low lying protrusion? Here all the time I was thinking crazy stuff like unfortunate circumstances, coincidence, providence, or maybe even Murphy's Law might come into play too. Silly me, overthinking the issue I guess. I should remember to not complicate issues with more than two facts at a time, then I can think nice and clear. I think I'm catching on now, Thanks again mudmaker, your my inspiration!
Does "condescending, intellectual elitist" ring a bell, Bunky? It should, guessing a few have at least muttered those words to you, perhaps behind your back.
I leave my receiver hitch/ball installed as intended. The idea of a receiver type hitch is to allow relatively easy changes from one application to another. Although some may elect to use that versatility to avoid a theft or, sigh, keep someone elses shin from being injured, I do not think the design gurus at Reese used that as criteria.
I am a builder who tows an assortment of equipment daily. I do not shop at Walmart and, since I do not have time to cook, am never in a grocery store parking lot. Unless, of course, we are building the store...in which case YOU shouldn't be in the parking lot.
I think this all comes down to paying attention to your surroundings. Open your eyes. Look for hazards. Keep focused on the task at hand, whether it be driving, walking, shopping or working. Don't blame your "accident" on the object you hit because you didn't see it. I miss the days of folks taking full responsibility for the consequences of their actions, or lack thereof.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:34 PM
bill11012
Modular motor junkie
Originally Posted by LMS Residential
Don't blame your "accident" on the object you hit because you didn't see it. I miss the days of folks taking full responsibility for the consequences of their actions, or lack thereof.
Rep for that!

Old 09-27-2009, 06:48 PM
vman
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry stanley. I was drunk and appologize.I'm not the first to get a ticket for something hanging off their mirror in that state.It just isn't worth fighting when you're two states away.By the way,I was driving a 25 foot box truck.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:09 PM
bunklash
Elder User
Does "condescending, intellectual elitist" ring a bell, Bunky? Not really, usually more simply expressed as "Sarcastic *********". Just a natural talent I've been cursed with. While I know you catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar, I must admit I enjoy putting bigot's, bullies, and egocentric boneheads in their place.

As a dues paying member of humanity, I reserve my right to "make a stand" against those who choose to disregard the basic tenets of a civil society in favor of selfishnish.

I'll continue to belittle the bullies, bigots and tyrants in one breath, and praise and encourage those with a broader vision in the next.

I know, I know, I talk civility while at the same time talk to others in a less than civil manner. My own hypocracy has not escaped me, so I promise, I'll try to be nicer!

Old 09-27-2009, 08:47 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by vman
sorry stanley. I was drunk and appologize.I'm not the first to get a ticket for something hanging off their mirror in that state.It just isn't worth fighting when you're two states away.By the way,I was driving a 25 foot box truck.

OK, no harm done. I'm an alcoholic, sober now for 18 years but I still remember how easily those words flow after a half bottle of Jack. I made some promises I could never hope to keep and issued some challanges I could never hope to defend.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:07 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
OK guys, you've convinced me. From now on I'm gonna leave my hitch in at Walmart and home Depot. If it's not in when I park I'll get it out of the tool box. In fact maybe when I get to Naples this winter I can find a real long one and snag some or the geezers riding by on their scooters. You know, help the new government health plan cut cost. signed; your friend "Bunky".

Old 09-27-2009, 09:26 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
KNOCK OFF THE PERSONAL ATTACKS!

I feel like I'm listening to a bunch of 3rd graders arguing about who's dad can beat up the other...

Old 09-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by TigerDan
KNOCK OFF THE PERSONAL ATTACKS!

I feel like I'm listening to a bunch of 3rd graders arguing about who's dad can beat up the other...
x2..............Some folks need to get over themselves, keep it civil.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:27 PM
95_Dually
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by StanleyZ
OK guys, you've convinced me. From now on I'm gonna leave my hitch in at Walmart and home Depot. If it's not in when I park I'll get it out of the tool box. In fact maybe when I get to Naples this winter I can find a real long one and snag some or the geezers riding by on their scooters. You know, help the new government health plan cut cost. signed; your friend "Bunky".
I do not agree with you, but that is funny. I am still laughing as I am responding to this post.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:28 PM
95_Dually
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by TexasRebel
who needs to lift/lower a bale when you're just trying to cause as much damage as possible to the car behind you?

How about a compromise?

For those of you who don't feel that the stock bumper offers enough protection, how about a receiver insert that reaches from fender to fender that acts just like a stouter bumper, but is a good 6" lower (for a straight one) and will protect your rear end? It can come in drop lenghts to accomidate any lifts, or just sit as low as you desire.

Then, instead of trying to impale the driver behind you that took his/her eyes off the road for the wrong second, you spread their damage across the front of their vehicle, and protect your pickup just the same...
That is not a bad idea. This could be marketable with huge profits.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:31 PM
95_Dually
Post Fiend
Reps sent LMS. I strongly agree. People need to take responsibility for their actions instead of crying "foul".

Quick Reply: N Y new hitch law?