Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another Scorpian news article

Old 08-31-2009, 12:48 PM
bpounds
2 bit Californian
bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
Old 08-31-2009, 01:36 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
Nice find Bill. I just picked up the new issue of Diesel Power magazine and they've got a multi-page spread on the Scorpion in it too.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:45 PM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
fordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to behold
Beat me to it.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:43 PM
rob_nc
Posting Guru
rob_nc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
An error stands out in this article. It mentions that the exhaust flows thru the SCR before the DPF. In actuality, it's just the opposite.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:41 PM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
fordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to behold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9G3C7a4ZOQ

Note* Something is wrong with the video so there is silence for the first 7 seconds and then you can hear the engine.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:18 PM
troposcatter
Elder User
troposcatter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.troposcatter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
There have been a couple of older gas and I believe I've seen a large V12 or 16 diesel that had "reverse" aspiration design. I think a guy down the road has an old Lasalle V8 that has the exhaust in the V and the carbs on the sides. The pipes go down the back of the engine and to the sides of the transmission, of course that requires more space or really good insulation. Some racing V8s also had the exhaust in the V and the carbs on the sides.
Some of the big diesels did it also, in their case a big advantage was the turbos were plumbed in right at the exhaust ports and the exhaust was plumbed right out and usually up so all of the really hot crap was on top. And I believe the same thing was done on some aircraft V engines that were turbocharged.