'67 F-100 Project - Page 9 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

'67 F-100 Project

Old 11-11-2011, 08:50 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Next item on the cab to fix, this little bracket on the drivers side (front fender bolts up here) was all tore up, and had to be removed. Here is what it should look like.

Attached Images  
Old 11-11-2011, 08:53 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
And here is what's left of it. It was broke into tow peices. So, I'll be making a new one out of 16 ga. steel. But, when I removed it, I found that the rocker panel underneath it was also rotted. So, along with replacing the steel on that corner, I'll weld in a piece on this rocker section, then weld the new bracket in.

Attached Images    
Old 11-11-2011, 09:01 AM
sddesigns
FTE Chapter Leader
sddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputation
Looks like you have your work cut out for you......or just need to cut it out so it can work for you...lol

Old 11-21-2011, 04:57 PM
tiny1
NY CHAPTER LDR
tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
Just checking back in and looks like you had a nice score on some parts Pat. Looking at that tab on the one side, how is the other side??

Old 11-21-2011, 08:31 PM
defyrftr
Post Fiend
defyrftr is a splendid one to beholddefyrftr is a splendid one to beholddefyrftr is a splendid one to beholddefyrftr is a splendid one to beholddefyrftr is a splendid one to beholddefyrftr is a splendid one to beholddefyrftr is a splendid one to behold
Pat you are making a lot of progress on your truck. Looking good. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:33 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Thanks guys, appreciate the comments! Neil, the other side is in good shape, luckily, so I can use it to take measurements to make the new one.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:03 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Got the drivers side vent box removed from the cab this weekend. I'll leave this off, so I can sandblast all of it when I get the cowl off. Now I can get that corner metal replaced.

Attached Images   
Old 11-28-2011, 09:06 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Here is a shot looking into the cowl area. This is why I'm pulling the cowl, to clean up that rust, and coat everything, so it doesn't come back to bite me later!

Attached Images  
Old 11-28-2011, 09:06 AM
sddesigns
FTE Chapter Leader
sddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputation
Looking good Pat!

Gonna be a sweet ride when it's all done!

Old 12-15-2011, 11:08 PM
73FordF100
Elder User
73FordF100 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Great progress! Subscribed!

Old 01-08-2012, 12:25 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Took the tranny and transfer case in to have them gone over. Luckily, the tranny is just fine, according to my tranny guy, he didn't have to tear it apart. The transfer case is another story. Seems the pump supply line in the tc was damaged, and it ran itself out of oil, so it's trashed. But, it will be cheaper to rebuid, than to get one out of a salvage yard, and who knows what shape those will be in, so I'm going to go ahead and get it rebuilt. So much for saving the money from the tranny rebuild!

Old 01-08-2012, 12:54 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma
liftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputationliftnw8z has a superb reputation
Better to only have to rebuild one than both I guess. Transfer case shouldn't have much in it to rebuild though, would it?

Old 01-09-2012, 04:50 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Well, to get a used one, would have been around 600. To rebuild this one was 695. So, might as well get it done, and not have to possibly deal with another one that may have issues. I guess the one I have lost the tube to it's oil pickup, and ran quite a while without oil, so it was hammered.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:42 PM
tiny1
NY CHAPTER LDR
tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 97nukeford View Post
Well, to get a used one, would have been around 600. To rebuild this one was 695. So, might as well get it done, and not have to possibly deal with another one that may have issues. I guess the one I have lost the tube to it's oil pickup, and ran quite a while without oil, so it was hammered.
Sounds like you are doing the right thing in getting the one that you have rebuilt. You have already 'paid' for it when you got the parts truck so it does not make any sense to buy another one and have the possibility that it needs to be rebuilt.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:20 AM
DemonRace6
Hi!
DemonRace6 has a very good reputation on FTE.DemonRace6 has a very good reputation on FTE.DemonRace6 has a very good reputation on FTE.DemonRace6 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Pat this is a great project! Its been long, I just got sucked in for all 9 pages, my boss is not going to be happy, I'm at work right now.

Keep up the good work!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '67 F-100 Project

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: