MOOG VRS 1A Auto Ball Joints Comparison Picture

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:05 AM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MOOG VRS 1A Auto Ball Joints Comparison Picture

Hi guys,

While reading through the site and finding some of the threads about ball joints that you guys have posted, we understand that there is a great deal of concern about buying a quality ball joint to replace the worn ones in your truck.

I realize that anyone can say that their private label part is just as good as the brand name one, and unless you can see a side by side comparison or have the actual part in your hand it's hard to tell.

I took some time today to take a comparison picture for the FTE members, so that you can see the quality of our ball joints next to the MOOG ball joints.

We carry both the MOOG and our private label brand. If you would like to save some money.The 1A Auto Parts ball joints are of equal quality.

NOTE: The ball joints pictured are for an F-250

Best Regards,
Tony Marchand

Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2009, 10:32 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tony are those for a Super Duty

Old 08-28-2009, 10:44 AM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
HI,

Yes they fit the Super Duty,Excursion and Dodge trucks too.

Here's a link to the MOOG used MOOG Ball Joint

Here's a link to the 1A Auto Private label used 1A Auto Ball Joint

I just plucked these two as an example,all of our ball joints are of this quality.

We spend allot of time and money researching the manufacturers of the name brand parts,then have them make that same part for us, if we're able to.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:36 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
That is something to keep in mind,

I love the fact that they have grease fittings on them

Old 08-28-2009, 12:37 PM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by sglaine
That is something to keep in mind,

I love the fact that they have grease fittings on them
Me too, it'll make the part last longer,and also helps to eliminate squeaks.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:43 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Tony, I'm not saying that your private label brand is of lesser quality, because I really don't know. But I do know that just because two parts look the same doesn't mean that they are the same quality.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:53 PM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by andym
Tony, I'm not saying that your private label brand is of lesser quality, because I really don't know. But I do know that just because two parts look the same doesn't mean that they are the same quality.
Well, you have my word and that along with my reputation is important to me. If it wasn't I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of doing this for you guys.

As an FTE member if anyone decides to order ours and for whatever reason you open the box and do not like them,we'll pay the shipping back,or swap it for a MOOG part instead if that's what you would like to do, you would just need to pay the price differance.

Tony

Old 08-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Beechkid
Received 210 Likes on 160 Posts
Question for Tony

Originally Posted by 1ATony
Well, you have my word and that along with my reputation is important to me. If it wasn't I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of doing this for you guys.

As an FTE member if anyone decides to order ours and for whatever reason you open the box and do not like them,we'll pay the shipping back,or swap it for a MOOG part instead if that's what you would like to do, you would just need to pay the price differance.

Tony
Hi Tony,

Where are yours manufactured?

Old 08-28-2009, 02:45 PM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Beechkid
Hi Tony,

Where are yours manufactured?
There are a couple of different sources that we use overseas. We sourced out the better places that do the manufacturing.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:33 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Do you have parts for 2003 that have grease fittings on them that we can not get anywheres else for Explorers

Old 08-30-2009, 11:09 PM
fireball 440
Elder User
Originally Posted by 1ATony
There are a couple of different sources that we use overseas. We sourced out the better places that do the manufacturing.
So............. China???

Old 08-31-2009, 09:16 AM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by sglaine
Do you have parts for 2003 that have grease fittings on them that we can not get anywheres else for Explorers
Our lower ball joints do for both the MOOGS & our private label ones for that application

2003 Explorer Lower ball joints

Originally Posted by fireball 440
So............. China???
HI Fireball,

It really depends on the application.When at all possible we use Taiwan.If we can't get a particular part from there,then sometimes we're left with no choice but to have them supplied by China.

The purpose of my post was to show the members of the site how our parts compared to the brand name parts if your on a budget and trying to save money,but we also do carry both MOOG & a less expensive alternative.

Regards,
Tony

Old 08-07-2018, 02:16 PM
BuffRanger1
New User
A1 Auto Quality

Originally Posted by 1Aauto
Hi guys,

While reading through the site and finding some of the threads about ball joints that you guys have posted, we understand that there is a great deal of concern about buying a quality ball joint to replace the worn ones in your truck.

I realize that anyone can say that their private label part is just as good as the brand name one, and unless you can see a side by side comparison or have the actual part in your hand it's hard to tell.

I took some time today to take a comparison picture for the FTE members, so that you can see the quality of our ball joints next to the MOOG ball joints.

We carry both the MOOG and our private label brand. If you would like to save some money.The 1A Auto Parts ball joints are of equal quality.

NOTE: The ball joints pictured are for an F-250

Best Regards,
Tony Marchand

Tony Marchand,

I was talking with one of your representatives over the phone regarding a radiator when she mentioned suspension parts. I was concerned about quality since I can get an entire front end kit for the price I would normally pay for just two MOOG lower ball joints. She told me that the parts came with a limited lifetime guarantee. I asked what that meant and she said that if the ball joints or bushings or tie rods fail I could get new ones. I would just have to pay shipping to send the old part(s) back. I was surprised and still am since MOOG only offers 24 months on ball joints and suspension components.
Is this true?
I don't put a lot of miles on my truck so if they did fail it would likely be a long time since my purchase to have enough miles even to prematurely fail.

-Buff