What Are You Doing To Your Truck? - Page 6 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

What Are You Doing To Your Truck?

Old 10-19-2009, 02:09 AM
Post Fiend

ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.
Ok - "new" truck and new progress. Well - my "progress" is most peoples nightmare

In other words - I am cutting up the 90's border patrol bronco I just got. Anyone need any parts?

There was no front end on the thing but here's a list of what will be going on craigslist.

Fiberglass shell/top - CHEAP need it gone!
8.8 rear end. Not sure on gears - but it's got a posi!
Door skins - with windows. The guy hacked up the inside sheet metal so they won't be worth much.
Grey glove box door
Aluminum radiator
1 steel rim with 31" BFG mud terrain
Fuel Injected 302 auto trans (heavy duty ribbed case) and T-case
Tail gate with glass
Power mirriors - chrome, fold in ones
Old 10-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Postmaster

orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.
Bought some tires finally, picking them up on thursday. I just need some lug nuts now and I'll be rolling around on my new wheels.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Postmaster

orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.
Draining fuel from the 1,000,000 gal tank with the tiniest syphon hose. just about to kick myself for not doing the intank mods yet. This would go a lot faster if I could just use a regular hose into the tank.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:41 AM
Post Fiend

ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.
what used to be a bronco reminds me of what those guys back east build and call a "trail truck"

Old 10-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Postmaster

Picking up a set of tires that I found on CL from a newer F250. 18" stockers and metal wheels. Might leave the wheels for a few days then trade the tires onto my aftermarket wheels.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:20 AM
Postmaster

Yay got my new wheels. Their real dirty, so much brake dust. Looks like they still got a full lifes worth of thread though.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:52 PM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by orng1 View Post
Yay got my new wheels. Their real dirty, so much brake dust. Looks like they still got a full lifes worth of thread though.
thats sweet, always nice to get tires with good life on them, when i bought my extra set of rims they had almost no life, only 1 or 2 was even good enough for a spare tire...
Old 10-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Senior User

Ms. Sanger is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The set I had before the ones I have now, came with stock rims and good rubber, Used them as is for over a year, took them off and sold them for the same price they were bought for! Sweet!
Old 10-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Postmaster

wb6anp has a very good reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a very good reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a very good reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a very good reputation on FTE.
edited: posted in Wrong Forum
Old 10-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb6anp View Post
edited: posted in Wrong Forum
so make a right post here, what are you going to your truck?
Old 10-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Postmaster

wb6anp has a very good reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a very good reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a very good reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a very good reputation on FTE.
Ive just added some recon lighting, I may add some gauges for volts and amps but not sure yet. I cant do a pillar mount as I have 2 little OEM speakers mounted in the pillar for the sound system.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:08 AM
Freshman User

onesick02F350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Went to the muffler shop today and took off the flowmaster 40 series thats been haunting me since i got my truck! I put on a more stock muffler(finally its quite!) Later when i home I got under the truck to take a better look at the work done and realized i have no catalytic converter on my truck. LOL (Brola headers/3inch piping/resonator/muffler)
Old 10-25-2009, 07:08 AM
***** Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Good to see you, Scott....it's been a while!
Old 10-25-2009, 07:44 AM
Senior User

Ms. Sanger is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Good Morning!
Old 10-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Elder User

T8R has a very good reputation on FTE.T8R has a very good reputation on FTE.T8R has a very good reputation on FTE.T8R has a very good reputation on FTE.
Just finished doing upper & lower ball joints on both sides, and went ahead and changed out the bearings in the front while I was at it. It was easier than I expected, but took considerably longer too.

(Ironically, a neighbor whined to the home owners association that the back of my truck was sticking a couple feet out of the garage while I worked through the afternoon. Apparently she's decided that the work I was doing is "gross" and suggested that I'm turning the neighborhood into a ghetto.) Poor woman apparently doesn't know her glass from a hole in the wall if she finds that disruptive. My apologies for ruffling her delicate sensibilities. hahaha

On the bright side - the front end is all nice and snug again. Tomorrow I'll detail it's brains out, polish up the headlights so they don't look so dingy (it deserves to be pretty) and take it in for an alignment. :-)