What Are You Doing To Your Truck? - Page 12 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

What Are You Doing To Your Truck?

Old 11-16-2009, 07:27 PM
SpringerPop
Too old to be too smart
SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
That will look slick with blacked-out chrome, too.

Pop

Old 11-16-2009, 08:13 PM
sruiz2169
Freshman User
sruiz2169 is starting off with a positive reputation.

from reading that site i think i'm safe on the GP thing...my truck doesn't smoke...anything else that i should look at before getting it tested?

Old 11-16-2009, 08:24 PM
T8R
Elder User
T8R has a very good reputation on FTE.T8R has a very good reputation on FTE.T8R has a very good reputation on FTE.T8R has a very good reputation on FTE.
Keep us posted - love to see pics of how it turns out. Looking good so far.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Raul B
Senior User
Raul B has a good reputation on FTE.Raul B has a good reputation on FTE.Raul B has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by T8R View Post
Keep us posted - love to see pics of how it turns out. Looking good so far.
def will... my GF crashed her car so she has my truck.. and i have all these goodies just sitting here in my room waiting to be put on... im telling you the wait is killing me esp since i can see and touch the parts lol....

im debating on either painting the chrome black or color matching it to my truck

Old 11-16-2009, 11:22 PM
SpringerPop
Too old to be too smart
SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Color-matching would be really nice, too!

Pop

Old 11-17-2009, 12:07 AM
SteveBricks
***** Emeritus
SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Raul B View Post
my GF crashed her car so she has my truck
uh oh

Not too bad, I hope

Old 11-17-2009, 01:13 AM
Raul B
Senior User
Raul B has a good reputation on FTE.Raul B has a good reputation on FTE.Raul B has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by SteveBricks View Post
uh oh

Not too bad, I hope
nope not too bad at all... she has a camry and it had a small bumper and headlight dent... she hit a prius and the airbag went off lol... imagine if they get hit by a superduty or a truck....

Old 11-17-2009, 10:24 PM
T8R
Elder User
T8R has a very good reputation on FTE.T8R has a very good reputation on FTE.T8R has a very good reputation on FTE.T8R has a very good reputation on FTE.
nope not too bad at all... she has a camry and it had a small bumper and headlight dent... she hit a prius and the airbag went off lol... imagine if they get hit by a superduty or a truck....
Hopefully she has better luck with your truck?

Part of the reason I'm so excited about seeing how it looks is because I've been on the fence about how to eventually do my own front end. Red color matched looks clean, Red and Black looks evil, Red and chrome looks shiny... Maybe I'll brush up on my photo shop skills before making any decisions. It can at least wait until after turbo day. I always liked the gray on your truck.

I know how you feel - my performance parts pile has been accumulating for months now. All the rest of it will be arriving shortly... except for one small piece that's likely to hold up all the rest... Fate having the sense of humor that it does.

I expect to giggle like an idiot when I get to go for that first ride though.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Raul B
Senior User
Originally Posted by T8R View Post
Hopefully she has better luck with your truck?

Part of the reason I'm so excited about seeing how it looks is because I've been on the fence about how to eventually do my own front end. Red color matched looks clean, Red and Black looks evil, Red and chrome looks shiny... Maybe I'll brush up on my photo shop skills before making any decisions. It can at least wait until after turbo day. I always liked the gray on your truck.

I know how you feel - my performance parts pile has been accumulating for months now. All the rest of it will be arriving shortly... except for one small piece that's likely to hold up all the rest... Fate having the sense of humor that it does.

I expect to giggle like an idiot when I get to go for that first ride though.
sounds like you have a nice truck.... what year is it? i miss my superduty lol

Old 11-18-2009, 12:26 AM
T8R
Elder User
Talking

sounds like you have a nice truck.... what year is it? i miss my superduty lol
Thanks, it's an early 99. So far I've only gotten around to the gauges, upgraded torque converter and ball joints... so it's a work in progress. Everything else will hopefully go together in a weekend. It's got a few little places where it's starting to show it's age (drivers seat a little worn, etc), but for it's age I'm really happy with it. I have the small list of imperfections on my "to do" list that if I don't point out, most people will never notice but I smile every time I get to drive it somewhere. Haven't been able to say that about some of my past vehicles.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:00 PM
sruiz2169
Freshman User
soooooo...switched out my heater core and i guess the pressure from the new heater core caused my lower radiator hose to bust.

replaced the lower hose, reflushed the engine, and tomorrow i will replace the heater hoses and the thermostat with a OEM 195 thermostat.

Also started working on reconnecting the fuel lines properly so that i can use both tanks instead of just the rear tank. (PO rigged it up to just use the rear tank)

It's a busy, productive weekend for me and my truck!!!

Old 11-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Serg450
Posting Guru
Serg450 has a very good reputation on FTE.Serg450 has a very good reputation on FTE.Serg450 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Oops wrong thread.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:47 PM
SteveBricks
***** Emeritus
SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by sruiz2169 View Post
soooooo...switched out my heater core and i guess the pressure from the new heater core caused my lower radiator hose to bust.

replaced the lower hose, reflushed the engine, and tomorrow i will replace the heater hoses and the thermostat with a OEM 195 thermostat.

Also started working on reconnecting the fuel lines properly so that i can use both tanks instead of just the rear tank. (PO rigged it up to just use the rear tank)

It's a busy, productive weekend for me and my truck!!!
Gonna be ready for that emissions test pretty soon, huh?

Old 11-21-2009, 09:48 PM
sruiz2169
Freshman User
maybe...lol...trying to just get the title in my name and register in ND...since i will be moving there this summer

Old 11-21-2009, 10:01 PM
SteveBricks
***** Emeritus
If you can swing that you're gonna save a ton of money

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What Are You Doing To Your Truck?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.