Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Order banks are open for the 6.7L!!!!!!!!!!

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 08-21-2009, 10:30 AM
UGA33
Post Fiend
UGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud of

Found this on the garage. Oh yeah! No more manuals though

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forum...ad.php?t=83788

Old 08-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Kep4
Jδger
Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.
I truly hope it's a success from not only a reliability standpoint but hopefully fuel mileage and power curve.

This is an interesting item from the build sheet:

X3J 3.55 ELOCKING

Sure would be nice if that means an electric locker for the rear axle is available from the factory.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Maxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputation
This will be an interesting truck when it starts to hit the lots

Old 08-21-2009, 12:23 PM
UGA33
Post Fiend
UGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Maxium4x4 View Post
This will be an interesting truck when it starts to hit the lots
You got that right . I hope my new job is turning out enough cash flow so I can buy one and not be divorced.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:19 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Kep4 View Post
I truly hope it's a success from not only a reliability standpoint but hopefully fuel mileage and power curve.

This is an interesting item from the build sheet:

X3J 3.55 ELOCKING

Sure would be nice if that means an electric locker for the rear axle is available from the factory.
I saw that too Russ and was pleasantly surprised. The other thing I saw on there was that is had front side airbags. I also saw this on page two with regard to the E-locker 3.55:

• Electronic Locking Rear
Differential — uses a true mechanical
connection to lock the left and right
axle shafts together so both turn at the
same speed with the same amount of
torque.
• Designed to solidly lock the rear axles and differential when the customer wants
• Controlled by the Electronic Shift-on-the-fly instrument-panel-mounted switch
• An electromagnetic coil activates a mechanical lock inside the rear differential housing to solidly lock the rear axle shafts together
• Once the axle shafts are locked, torque is equally distributed to each rear axle shaft

Old 08-21-2009, 09:35 PM
mizzitch
Elder User
mizzitch is starting off with a positive reputation.
The dually rear fenders are obviously different from the current SDs...but what is up with the rear fender flare on this Super Cab SB? Maybe a SRW with a wider rear track?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/cars/ima...rd-f-250-4.jpg

Old 08-21-2009, 09:40 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
If I had to guess, it's probably some of the fake cladding they put under the camo covers to mask the actual body panels. They routinely do this to keep folks from knowing what is really underneath.

What I find more encouraging than anything in that photo is the fact that they have Michelin tires on that truck. Hopefully they'll switch to Michelins and stop using the Crapinentals.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:36 AM
gotdiesel
Senior User
gotdiesel is starting off with a positive reputation.
So when does this mean people can actually start ordering trucks?

Old 08-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by gotdiesel View Post
So when does this mean people can actually start ordering trucks?
I'd say so, but they probably have a Specific release date for it.

Checked Ford's website and they don't have it listed yet, so I assume you can only order from the dealer as I'm sure they don't want horsepower and torque numbers, as well as features leaking out....yet.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:24 PM
UGA33
Post Fiend
I can't remember where I read it but the lines fire up sometime in Feb of 2010. This is one of those "I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy deal" but I was talking to a guy that owns a diesel performance shop at the local sled pulls last night and Ford is firing up the lines to produce 75 trucks in the next two weeks for promotion purposes. He said the guy told him as soon as the trucks come off the lines they will go right back in and will be gone over with a fine tooth comb. The guy I talked to is suppose to be getting a VIN number of one of these trucks so that when the time gets near he can hopefully snag one up. We shall see

Old 09-04-2009, 07:07 AM
F350-6
Post Fiend
F350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by mizzitch View Post
The dually rear fenders are obviously different from the current SDs...but what is up with the rear fender flare on this Super Cab SB? Maybe a SRW with a wider rear track?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/cars/ima...rd-f-250-4.jpg

Is it me or does the hood look like it's about 8" higher than the bed rails?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: