Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Emmission control on the 6.7?

Old 08-12-2009, 06:11 PM
smlford
Posting Guru
smlford has a good reputation on FTE.smlford has a good reputation on FTE.
Emmission control on the 6.7?

So do we know what going to be on the new 6.7 as far as emmission control goes?

I've heard rumors of urea tank and maybe a DPF. Does anyone know?

Also what kind of mileage will this new beast be able to deliver? Hopefully better than the 6.4's are getting...

I'm keeping my (so far bullet proof) 6.0 until I see some better mileage figures...

Old 08-12-2009, 07:10 PM
LCPullman
Junior User
LCPullman is starting off with a positive reputation.
From what I have heard it will have both the urea injection and a DPF.
Ford says mileage will be better. We probably won't know until it comes out.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:59 PM
33MTR
New User
33MTR is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thats what I have heard also urea+ DPF. It's suppose to get 3 mpg better than the 6.4 model. Problem is that the MPG that people state they are getting are all over the place.....some say 9 mpg some state 17mpg

How hard would it be to fill the tank then drive it till empty, then fill till full and divide the miles driven by gallons put in the tank????

Old 08-22-2009, 08:42 PM
heymrdj
Posting Guru
heymrdj has a good reputation on FTE.heymrdj has a good reputation on FTE.heymrdj has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by 33MTR View Post
Thats what I have heard also urea+ DPF. It's suppose to get 3 mpg better than the 6.4 model. Problem is that the MPG that people state they are getting are all over the place.....some say 9 mpg some state 17mpg

How hard would it be to fill the tank then drive it till empty, then fill till full and divide the miles driven by gallons put in the tank????

Very hard seeing as you can't technically drive till empty and you'd be a fool to ever try. Have you seen what happens to filters/pumps when you suck the bottom of the tank.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:47 PM
33MTR
New User
33MTR is starting off with a positive reputation.
No-dont drive its bone dry - rather until the tank is near empty. By filling it up you know exactly how many gallons used and how many miles you went on that tank. Then divide the miles driven by the gallons used.

Not hard.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:50 PM
heymrdj
Posting Guru
heymrdj has a good reputation on FTE.heymrdj has a good reputation on FTE.heymrdj has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by 33MTR View Post
No-dont drive its bone dry - rather until the tank is near empty. By filling it up you know exactly how many gallons used and how many miles you went on that tank. Then divide the miles driven by the gallons used.

Not hard.
Except that can vary by many gallons. When I do my indiana route and put down 900 miles in a day, i can hardly get passed 21 gallons of my 28 gallon expedition tank in 90 degree weather in GA, but I could easily get 26.3 gallons in at 2AM in the morning in Indiana when it was only 56 degrees out.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:27 PM
sgrol
Posting Guru
sgrol is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.sgrol is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by heymrdj View Post
Except that can vary by many gallons. When I do my indiana route and put down 900 miles in a day, i can hardly get passed 21 gallons of my 28 gallon expedition tank in 90 degree weather in GA, but I could easily get 26.3 gallons in at 2AM in the morning in Indiana when it was only 56 degrees out.
Wow, 42 mpg when 90 deg and 34 at 56. Wish I could get that kind of mileage. Five gallon difference, yea right.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:32 PM
heymrdj
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by sgrol View Post
Wow, 42 mpg when 90 deg and 34 at 56. Wish I could get that kind of mileage. Five gallon difference, yea right.
What? Adjust it man. I didn't say those were the only tanks of fuel in the route, i'm comparing climates. I don't know of a car around that doesn't very by at least a couple of gallons.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:05 AM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
DPF and Urea and still use of the EGR. Although they are suppose to be able to throttle back some of the EGR.

Also the urea may allow the placement of the post injection of fuel that activates the DPF cleaning cycle to be closer in the exhaust.

This would be a big plus as then the making oil issue alot of people have would be gone as well.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Neptoess
Senior User
Neptoess is starting off with a positive reputation.
so much emission control crap....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: