toilet troubles - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

toilet troubles

Old 08-20-2009, 07:38 AM
hanklin
Ambassador
hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
Bill
haha,,thats exactly what I was thinking. I think I`ll wait for the http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...dro-flush/2096
to arrive.Sounds a little cleaner

Old 08-20-2009, 10:19 AM
BPofMD
FTE MD Chapter Ldr
BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
While you are waiting, it sure wouldn't hurt to drop 10-20 pounds of ice in there (if you can) and take it for a nice jiggly ride.... It would help to start breaking up the heap of ****.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Mike F250
Elder User
Mike F250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Mike F250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm certainly no expert but I'll add my $.02.
Last year I had a problem with the system where it would appear that the tank was full and waste was not flushing down as it should. I knew the tank was not full because I was at a full hook up site. I don't recall what led me to check the roof vent but that was the culprit. I pulled the cap from the vent and cleared the vent. Been good since. Doesn't make sense to me either but with 4 kids and two adults it was an emergency situation...

Old 08-20-2009, 10:53 AM
FordxFour
Posting Guru
FordxFour is a splendid one to beholdFordxFour is a splendid one to beholdFordxFour is a splendid one to beholdFordxFour is a splendid one to beholdFordxFour is a splendid one to beholdFordxFour is a splendid one to beholdFordxFour is a splendid one to beholdFordxFour is a splendid one to behold
Mike, I was told years ago to leave the waste tanks closed even at full hookup sites to completely flush the tanks. I leave mine closed, then as needed I empty the black water tank then the gray water tank. I know it sure made cleaning out the black water tank easier.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Kep4
Jäger
Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by hanklin View Post
Bill
haha,,thats exactly what I was thinking. I think I`ll wait for the http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...dro-flush/2096
to arrive.Sounds a little cleaner
While I certainly do not envy your situation, I certainly applaud that you've kept your sense of humor about the 'brown mountain'. The 'dark side' of trailer camping!!

Let us know what happens and Thank You for not posting pics.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:35 PM
bpounds
2 bit Californian
bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
Dumped my tanks last Sunday, and someone had left this on the island. Now I'm prepared if Bandini Mountain ever pops up.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:24 AM
hanklin
Ambassador
hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
FYI
I did call around and the only peeps that clean rv`s is roto rooter at 200 clams. That would have to come out of b&b funds (beer & beef)

Old 08-22-2009, 10:33 AM
dchamberlain
Post Fiend
dchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by bpounds View Post
Dumped my tanks last Sunday, and someone had left this on the island. Now I'm prepared if Bandini Mountain ever pops up.

That particular cap is not designed for flushing out the tanks. Notice the hose connector is the wrong end? That cap is designed for using a garden hose to drain the grey water tank only.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:55 AM
bpounds
2 bit Californian
bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by dchamberlain View Post
That particular cap is not designed for flushing out the tanks. Notice the hose connector is the wrong end? That cap is designed for using a garden hose to drain the grey water tank only.
I did notice that, but I figured I would just get a double female swivel and a shut-off valve at HD to make it work.

It was free! Useless stuff is priceless when it is free.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:42 AM
hanklin
Ambassador
Yes, it's that simple, as long as you don't mind about 50 gallons of human waste gushing out on you and your property. I think the key here is trying to clear the clog without making a mess.
I still laugh at that or cringe at the thought,,priceless

Old 08-22-2009, 11:46 AM
hanklin
Ambassador
Wife & son came in to see why I`m laughin,they read it and now they`re laughing

Old 08-22-2009, 01:32 PM
wb6anp
Postmaster
wb6anp has a great reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a great reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a great reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a great reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a great reputation on FTE.

The other problem with using this to back flush is that your "stuff" won't flow out the small garden hose opening and when your drain valves are open and everything is backed up behind this cap how do you get it off cleanly? I use the waste king connector at time but my rv also has an in tank flush system.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:36 PM
wb6anp
Postmaster
wb6anp has a great reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a great reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a great reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a great reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a great reputation on FTE.
As one other poster has said go onto your roof and run a snake down the vent it could be clogged and not allowing air into the tank creating a vacuum maying it hard to drain the tank, another way to check this out is to try draining your tanks and have some hold the toilet valve open if the vent is clogged this should allow air into the tank. Be careful with the back flush system if your tank is very full you could cause a waste geyser out of your roof vent like on the movie RV. or out of your toilet. really a

Old 08-22-2009, 02:51 PM
BPofMD
FTE MD Chapter Ldr
BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
I do wanna hear the results of the OP when he gets to a dump site with the new backflush system.

Old 08-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
After a couple of nasty experiences similar to yours, we quit using the motor home/truck camper toilet for "solids". Number 1 only, in the RV!................No.2, your headed to the Forest service privy with a roll of TP!........Since then never a problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: toilet troubles

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.