S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Welcome iam me to the chapter!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 04:39 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome iam me to the chapter!

Kevin lives in Fullerton, and has a 7.3 IDI.

Thanks for joining the chapter Kevin - tell us a little bit about yourself and your truck

Old 08-08-2009, 06:41 AM
iam me
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me?? Well I'm a carpenter and stone mason. I have really been enjoying landscape design and installation the past decade or so, even though I'm remodeling a kitchen this month. I don't watch tv or play wow or wii but, I love to read and learn, mostly about philosophy, history and science.

I spent almost ten years from 96 to 05 without driving as a personal experiment. I was building a very large mansion at the time and the owner and I lived on site. I ride a lot of bicycles and my Xtracycle actually made the experiment doable, http://www.xtracycle.com/welcome/ .... During that time I got interested in social ecology and the sustainable living movement. So now my wife and I are taking some time to see what all the hubub is really all about.

This trip will take us to the Solar Living Institute in Hopland, CA - http://www.solarliving.org/default.asp And the Cob Cottage Company in Cottage Grove Oregon - http://www.cobcottage.com/ as well as many other institutes, Co Ops and social projects from Sacramento California to Seattle Washington..... And our new, (to us) 1993 F250 XLT 4X4 super cab is going to take us to these places.

I really enjoy fixing and restoring cars, trucks and bikes of all sorts. My first vehicle back in high school was an old Kawasaki enduro I saved from the scrapheap.... I fix'em up, sell them the get another project and do it again. Heck I'll probably buy our camping trailer from the sale of the 85 Toyota pickup I just finished cleaning up.

But after maybe twenty or more vehicles I've never had a diesel, so I am really looking forward to fiddling on this F250 with it's 7.3 powerhouse.

I had a chevy truck once, I wasn't too impressed. I probably only got it because my first big frame off restore was a chevy camaro. I had a Dodge 4X4 right after that, she had magnetic hubs which were very nice. Strong, torquey truck.... But hey, it wasn't a Ford.... Right?

I've had some great fun in the Fords of my friends; cruising the 101 in Clyde's Gran Turino, Parking in Cindy's Pinto, but going salmon fishing with my buddy Bob's old rusty Ford 4X4 was some of the best.....(I'd have to say, parking with Cindy was better). Too bad it wasn't a Ford truck, right? I mean this is Ford Truck Enthusiast and not Sex in a Pinto Enthusiast.

Well now I finely got my first Ford Truck AND my first diesel, all in one.

So look out Northwest cause So. Cal. is coming for a visit.... Woohoo.

After I get comfortable tweaking and tuning my F250 I plan on opening up the intake with one or two larger pipes and, one day trying some propane injection. My Wife is really hot on me setting up a multi fuel system, Diesel/Biodiesel/vegi oil but first things first.... Heck, one day I'd like to try a methane injection system on the F250.

Well that should more than cover Steve's request. I'll be adding a link to our travel blog in my profile soon. There we'll be going into much more depth about our research project for those interested.

- me

"Beer is proof that there is a God who loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 08-08-2009, 07:29 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like you manage to stay pretty busy........glad to have you here.