Sponsored by: DP Tuner

All the fun we can have

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 09:25 PM
7.3 Rocket
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All the fun we can have

So today I went up to my International dealership to get a spare CPS. I got to a corner, stopped at the stop sign, and got through the corner. As soon as
I was through the corner the truck died like someone threw a switch. I popped the hood and checked to make sure nothing came loose. Tried to restart it. Nope. Cranked like nuts, but didn't fire. So I called dad to come tow me back to the shop. (was maybe 3/4 of a mile) But the worst part was he towed me back with his little Chebby.

So I got it back and checked the fuses. Nope. Didn't find any blown fuses under the hood or in the dash.

Changed the CPS. Nope. Nothing. Then it started to rain so we pushed it into the shop instead of it sitting on the concrete pad outside. Dad thinks it might be a fuel delivery issue so we drain the fuel bowl and see if it will re-fill. Won't re-fill. Check for power at the fuel pump. Nothing. Dad calls his old friend to ask about it. Not a huge help, but offered a little insight. I called Jim and he says try jumper wires from the battery to the pump. Ok. Try that. Nope. Pull the fuel pump and put it on the bench. Try again. Fuel pumps out of the pump very violently. Ok pump works. Reinstall the pump. Jim suggested the fuel pump reset on the passenger side kick panel. Nope but it's just a hole so I pulled the kick panel and looked at it a bit better. Ok so dad and I try jumper wires again. They work this time. So we were looking for a place to tie jumper wires in to go on with the ignition so we could get it to TN. Jim calls back with some more wiring info and suggests checking the fuses. So I check the fuses again. Wait. The #24 fuse under the hood is blown. Look it up. Oh that's the power management box or some such thing. Run out and get a couple 30 amp Maxi fuses. Pop in a new one. Success!

So the moral of the story is: If your truck craps out suddenly and it's not a CPS. Double check your fuses.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Bigcat350
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 7.3 Rocket

So the moral of the story is: If your truck craps out suddenly and it's not a CPS. Double check your fuses.
Thanks for the insight. That could be over looked very easy

Old 08-06-2009, 07:57 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 783 Likes on 595 Posts
Now the fun part: what blew the fuse?