6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Need Headgaskets, Oil cooler, EGR delete,Studs, in North Texas? I Got a great Powerstroke Mechanic!!

Old 08-18-2011, 09:51 AM
southbound35west
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Need Headgaskets, Oil cooler, EGR delete,Studs, in North Texas? I Got a great Powerstroke Mechanic!!

if any of u out there in the north texas area (Fort Worth area) need any type of engine work done to your powerstroke diesel engine, PM me your contact info and what all u need done and i will forward it to my powerstroke mechanic buddy, he has already tore my 6.0's down and put new headgaskets, egr delete, oil cooler, arp studs, etc., this guy is alot cheaper than taking your truck to one of those ford stealerships, all this guy does is powerstoke engine work.........reason i am advertising it on here is because the more jobs i bring him, the cheaper he will work on my truck next time i need work..........this guy will work on your truck on the weekends or during the week after he gets off work from the diesel shop he works at, also before i got my engine work done i got a price from FORD to do the work and this guy was $2,000 cheaper than ford.........i have seen alot of mechanics, and this guy is the best i have seen and he is honest......there is not many people i trust with my F250 but this guy is one of them.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:28 PM
2006powerstroke90
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Im sure he appreciates you doing this for him...

Im sure the Ford techs we have around here who give out great and useful info don't like it too much...

Stealership is not a good word to use around here,

Old 08-18-2011, 02:39 PM
southbound35west
Elder User
this forum is where i saw the word stealerships..........ford wants $4800 to do my engine work and my guy wants $2800 to do the same work........to me that is stealing!!!!

Old 08-18-2011, 03:27 PM
wulfman
Posting Guru

You may have seen the word here but still not good to use it.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:21 PM
southbound35west
Elder User
i did not know that would offend anyone ...sorry if it did

Old 08-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
hehehehehe........calling them "stealerships" is like calling the ex-wife a &*^%$#$@! hahahahaha......i wish i could, but i can't. sounds good tat u got a good mechanic working for u, southbound35west. i congratulate u. most of us dont have tat good fortune. one thing good bout my truck is tat its forced me to not be lazy and to do all my best work on her. she's thanking me already. which part of north texas, southbound35west? my father-in-law will be moving back to dallas soon from GA. he'll be in mckinney.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:44 PM
southbound35west
Elder User
i used to be scared of taking my truck to have it worked on, even at a dealership, but now i do not hesitate to take it to this guy, i am glad i found someone that will do it at a good price and do it right the first time, and also recommend everything that needs to be done at the time of engine rebuild, but if i can get a few more jobs for this guy he is gonna hook me up with a 2003 turbo install, plus parts and labor for free on my 2006 6.o, i have sent him several people from this forum already with great results..........i am about 25 miles south of fort worth.............also i to do all of the maintenance on my truck.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:52 PM
2006powerstroke90
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I was not trying to bash you or **** anyone off, I was just telling you for future reference.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:58 PM
southbound35west
Elder User
Originally Posted by 2006powerstroke90
Don't get me wrong, I was not trying to bash you or **** anyone off, I was just telling you for future reference.

ok thanks for letting me know

Old 08-18-2011, 05:00 PM
southbound35west
Elder User
i forgot to mention the pictures i have in my gallery of my engine rebuild from this same mechanic, if anyone wants to check them.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Rusty Axlerod
Lead Driver
Received 131 Likes on 78 Posts
Ha.hahaha.....LMAO!! How hot was it Snuggyworm? Dang man, ya made me choke on my refreshing beverage.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:05 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
ya you know first off the guy charges more then I do on the side. but hey...

next a dealer has overhead to pay thats why they charge more. the guy doing it on the side is making extra cash at a price the dealer cant compete with. I assure the profit with over head calcualted is the same if not in favor of the tech.

next whern your Issues started I told you to bring the truck to me and I would have looked at for and fixed it under warranty if there was an issue. you basicly said no you had a "friend" that would take care of you.. is this the same friend?

I assure the people that run accross this thread IM not the tech he is refering to that lives and works in the metroplex

O ya his thread... https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...ease-help.html
good day.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
dang near 150 degrees. lol. nah, not quite there, but still over 100 degrees in tis dang town i call home.......houston tat is. i miss colder weather.....sob! boo hoo hoo.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
@ rusty axlerod, careful now! ya dont wan to spill tat beverage over my lap. my buddy'll be refreshed! lmao. have a great evening!

Old 08-18-2011, 09:17 PM
southbound35west
Elder User
Originally Posted by cheezit
ya you know first off the guy charges more then I do on the side. but hey...

next a dealer has overhead to pay thats why they charge more. the guy doing it on the side is making extra cash at a price the dealer cant compete with. I assure the profit with over head calcualted is the same if not in favor of the tech.

next whern your Issues started I told you to bring the truck to me and I would have looked at for and fixed it under warranty if there was an issue. you basicly said no you had a "friend" that would take care of you.. is this the same friend?

I assure the people that run accross this thread IM not the tech he is refering to that lives and works in the metroplex

O ya his thread... https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...ease-help.html
good day.
how do u know my mechanic charges more than u do? do u know what all was done to my engine?........i do not recall u offering for me the option to bring my truck to u, if so i probably would have, because at that time i did not have this guy......and i did take it to a dealer ship and they told me the 5 warranty was out of time by a week, which really angered me, cause the truck only had 82,000 miles on it.................to every one out there cheezit is not the tech i am referring to, he is not a member of this forum , if he was he would be on here offering up his services not me!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Headgaskets, Oil cooler, EGR delete,Studs, in North Texas? I Got a great Powerstroke Mechanic!!