N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

About time to get Line-X

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 11:43 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile About time to get Line-X

Thinking of heading over to Mike's neighborhood to get the bed of my truck sprayed with line x over in Turlock. Now that I have the truck painted, the unpainted bed looks like... well it looks like it hauled it.

Maybe there are a few parts left on Thumper to scavenge like bigger wheels.

What are all of you up to?

Old 08-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
I will be cleaning the apartment, and moving the last bit of stuff over to the house today. And hopefully making today the last day to go to the apartment. Still have a lot of unpacking to do, but there is no rush on that.

After you get the Line X you need to post some pics.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:47 AM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Dan took a pair of his wheels, but left two here, come get'em! Bet you could work something out to swap two of yours so you could have a complete set of them?

The seat is still here, has one tear in it, but Dan got the seat cover...you may as well haul it home too.

There's another place that does LineX...and less out of your way, it's off the 120 bypass, probably Manteca or Lathrop.

I just finished up putting a ramp and a top door on an older two-horse Miley/CM trailer I have. Need to rewire it, put in new floors and give it some paint.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:07 AM
3Mike6
Postmaster
My mistake, Dan didn't take the seat cover, it's still on the seat. Looks like just the cover has a tear in it, I'll pull it up later today and see if the seat is good.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:32 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
As I recall, I had already checked the seat to see if the upholstery was good underneath the cover and found it wasn't...but that was a couple of years ago now, so I suppose it would be best to check.

I don't think Karl would want the wheels, they're something like 10-12 inches wide and have no beadlocks, so if you have a tire that loses air, it pops right off the bead and is a bee-yatch to reseat. But maybe the white-spoke wheels that were on Thumper originally? Though I think they may actually be a little on the small side, I think they're about the same size as stock. I may have some other wheels that would work for you Karl, I just haven't been over to my storage in Ukiah for a long time and don't really remember just what's over there. I think I have a set of 16.5 chrome-spoke 8-lugs, but don't recall how wide they are...

Old 08-03-2009, 05:12 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Got warm, so I didn't check the seat...but regarding the wheels, the advantage is he could run a big tire. I don't think the concern of the tire coming off the wheel would be an issue for Karl...unless he's going to want to "air them down" and go wheeling.

Besides, wish you'd have taken all four

Old 08-03-2009, 07:26 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 3Mike6
There's another place that does LineX...and less out of your way, it's off the 120 bypass, probably Manteca or Lathrop.
I wonder if their prices are as good as the one in Turlock you recommended. They had a great quote for both treating the current rust in the bed and then coating it. i will need to contact them.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:59 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Hey Karl, I checked the "dealer locator" think for Line-X, couldn't find the one I was thinking about, they may have went out of business. I did see a few somewaht in your area (Antioch as I recall), but also noticed there was one in Tracy off 205.

Just pondering for a bit, even if Tracy is a few bucks more, you might save it in gas money (plus time) heading this way.

Haven't pulled the cover off the seat yet, but sure wish you'd come pick it up anyways!

Old 08-08-2009, 12:32 AM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Thanks Mike. I will check into it the local dealers. The reason i liked the Turlock place was that they would grind and treat the rust in the bed before lining it. All other places charged a good bit more for that, or would not touch it all. As for the seat. I wonder if it would fit in my Suburu wagon if we took the mounting rails off the seat? I may head up there anyway to check for any other misc. parts.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:37 AM
joe f350
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think u should put a flat beed on it

Old 08-29-2009, 01:39 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
I went to a local auto paint supply store and asked if they have any spray/paint in bed liners. They have a pretty good brand that comes in different textures that I like better than the Herculiner at about the same price. For an additional $40 I can order it in a clear finish and add my own color to tint it. That means I can get it to match my truck's color and not go with black. The extra $40 is for a can of auto paint matching my truck.

According to the instructions, I can spray, roll or brush it on. I will probably roll it on since I don't want to mask everything, including my garage to spray. My plans are to treat the bed's surface rust, then prime it, and finally coat it with this stuff. This will be a good October project when it is cooler.

Now I just have to figure out the stereo issue, replace the rear pinion seal, put new header gaskets, find the big oil leak, play with timing (it seems to be missing a bit at idle), find new wheels and tires... and the list goes on.