6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

The new Hotshotsecret.com site is up and running.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 11:38 PM
KRDiesel
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No, he just pops in to be a ***.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:23 AM
loubell
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
thats what public forums are for, learnig and passing on info!
Yes, agreed.
But there is a HUGE difference between a constructive sharing of ideas and critisisms, and a junior high school girls slumber party. The discussions concerning HSS always seem to drift into the latter, thanks to a select few that think that stirring the pot is a fun after dinner sport.

on a serious note does anyone know of any certification by international that could be posted to make some of us belivers?
The fact that he states in his video that he developed the product with IH is interesting. If he were lying or embelishing, wouldn't IH's lawyers already made a friendly phone call to him asking him to drop thier name from the advertising? If he actually does have an endorsement from IH or anybody else, it would be interesting to see if it was a blanket endorsement, or if it was only for certian conditions that the engine might have.

Last edited by loubell; 12-20-2009 at 09:32 AM. Reason: unsubscribe
Old 07-31-2009, 08:44 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by F350-6
It seems better on the 6.0 than the 7.3. I do know one guy who tried it on a 7.3 and had no success at all with it. It did take longer than it should have, but he did receive a refund since he saw no benefit in his truck.
I find that ironic since all the publications that I have seen from them have listed their test vehicles as 7.3s and not 6.0s. Now this is for both the HSS product and the Blue Diamond product. Atleast that was the case at the end of Spring of this year. That may have changed since then. I'll have to look at their new website and find out some time.

I think I'd be trying it before shelling out the $$$ for new injectors after reading the positive reviews from several FTE members (& a moderator or two).
Be careful on how testimonials are worded. If it's the touchy feely kind, "I tried this stuff and everything went away" that is weak evidence. It could have been any number of things that went on that could have helped the injectors, not to say that HSS didn't help, but that's not strong evidence to show that it did indeed do that.

Originally Posted by loubell
The fact that he states in his video that he developed the product with IH is interesting. If he were lying or embelishing, wouldn't IH's lawyers already made a friendly phone call to him asking him to drop thier name from the advertising?
That all depends on the economics of the situation. People break contracts all the time(which is against the law if the contract is valid). They do so because they either make or save more money then they would be fulfilling the contract.

Same thing here, it depends on if the fees for pursuing the lawsuit outweigh what they would get by winning the lawsuit.

I'm not saying that the claim is bogus or not, I'm saying that just because there isn't a lawsuit filed doesn't mean that someone didn't break the law, it just may not be worth it to file the claim and go thru the process of winning when all in fact what you really get is spent money and the bragging rights that you won the case. They aren't going to do that in times like these. Simple economics. Also on a side note, who is to say that they didn't get "friendly" calls about things. I remember it took 2 months for them to remove KW's testimonial from their website and that was just typed words, this is a video file with a little more coding to it, who knows how long that would take to remove. Once again, I'm not saying that they did or didn't get calls, just saying that anything is really possible given how some things have played out on here in the past.

Originally Posted by loubell
If he actually does have an endorsement from IH or anybody else, it would be interesting to see if it was a blanket endorsement, or if it was only for certian conditions that the engine might have.
I think that's the point. People want something tangible to "hold" onto. I could make the claim that I'm the greatest western pleasure horse trainer in the US, but without the titles and awards to help back that up, people are skeptical. No one knows if it is indeed for specific products, specific conditions have to be met, or if it is indeed just a blanket statement and how is that statement worded. It could just be about the people of the company and not exactly about the products themselves.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:09 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by tex25025
..... I'm the greatest western pleasure horse trainer .....

I'm still trying to NOT post about THAT statement, but couldn't help to at least highlight your profession..
You do WHAT to the horses ?!?!!? Bring them mares ?

I know, I know, somewhat taken out of context like some advertising claims I've seen

Old 07-31-2009, 10:19 AM
KRDiesel
Postmaster
I now need to clean my keyboard!

BTW, Matt at Spartan thinks highly about HSS. He is the one that turned me on to it!

Old 07-31-2009, 11:28 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by jdadamsjr
I'm still trying to NOT post about THAT statement, but couldn't help to at least highlight your profession..
You do WHAT to the horses ?!?!!? Bring them mares ?

I know, I know, somewhat taken out of context like some advertising claims I've seen
You know, it is really easy in the profession that I am in for comments like that to happen. It just lends itself, unfortunately, very well to comments like that.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:09 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by tex25025
I find that ironic since all the publications that I have seen from them have listed their test vehicles as 7.3s and not 6.0s. Now this is for both the HSS product and the Blue Diamond product. Atleast that was the case at the end of Spring of this year. That may have changed since then. I'll have to look at their new website and find out some time.

Be careful on how testimonials are worded. If it's the touchy feely kind, "I tried this stuff and everything went away" that is weak evidence. It could have been any number of things that went on that could have helped the injectors, not to say that HSS didn't help, but that's not strong evidence to show that it did indeed do that.
I haven't paid attention to the website since that is the kind of place where advertisements can be misleading. From what I gather reading on this forum, it was developed to address stiction issues in the injectors. Since this is not an issue with the 7.3, I always assumed it was in reference to the 6.0.

I have seen Chris post that the product has better results on the 6.0 than the 7.3, but that was in the 7.3 section so you could argue his comments were geared toward the audience. That of course does not explain why he refunded money when his product didn't work, or the fact that folks at Spartan seem to be fans of the product too.

I understand touchy feely claims, but claims that say it improved stiction in injectors and recommendations by some of the 6.0 tuning gurus are far from a slick 50 commercial.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:19 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
I understand touchy feely claims, but claims that say it improved stiction in injectors and recommendations by some of the 6.0 tuning gurus are far from a slick 50 commercial.

I haven't seen their claims, so I can't comment on how they are worded from the tuning group. They might be touchy feelly as well.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:15 AM
supertruck60
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

We are grateful for the feedback on our new site! We are collecting as much information as possible to make the site the best it can be.

There will be more testimonails and videos forthcoming.

We felt that the original site was difficult to navigate so we narrowed down our core products that would help diesel truck owners the most and built a new site just for them. The Trio is on there along with the Blue Diamond product as well as the large bypass filter.

All of these products have excellent track records. We feel that we have done a good job in picking the best for our customers and we stand behind all of them.

If anyone has questions about any of our products...feel free to call us anytime. Chris is available 9a-5pm EST to answer any and all questions. 1-800-341-6516.

Dan

Old 12-20-2009, 09:02 AM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by supertruck60
Hi All,

We are grateful for the feedback on our new site! We are collecting as much information as possible to make the site the best it can be.

There will be more testimonails and videos forthcoming.

We felt that the original site was difficult to navigate so we narrowed down our core products that would help diesel truck owners the most and built a new site just for them. The Trio is on there along with the Blue Diamond product as well as the large bypass filter.

All of these products have excellent track records. We feel that we have done a good job in picking the best for our customers and we stand behind all of them.

If anyone has questions about any of our products...feel free to call us anytime. Chris is available 9a-5pm EST to answer any and all questions. 1-800-341-6516.

Dan
Hey Dan,

Does your company, or a subsidiary thereof, manufacture or market Rev-X?

Please clarify this..

Old 12-20-2009, 09:40 AM
lakewood
Posting Guru
I've heard alot about hot shot, think i might have to try it on my next oil change

Old 12-20-2009, 12:14 PM
1954oldred
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put it in Oil last Change. I have been about 600 miles and still have a "stutter" at or around 55 MPH. I am reasonably certain that I am having an issue with an injector, this is why I decided to try the HSS. So far it has not corrected what I believe to be the issue, again only 600 miles. I will post to this thread when it is time for my next oil change. Oh Yes, I am skeptical and if this does not work I will be in touch w/Chris for a refund.