Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

SCORED!!!!! some good parts

Old 07-15-2009, 11:07 PM
wmjoe1953
Postmaster
wmjoe1953 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.wmjoe1953 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Talking SCORED!!!!! some good parts

I have a habit of checking craigslist, and upay frequently. You never know what you'll find. So, while checking Craigslist the other day for the Portland area, I found a guy selling some Freightliner stuff. Asking $300 OBO for a grille, pair of 1/4 fenders, bumper, and tons of air hoses, and fittings, and such. So, I'm talking with him. He sends more pictures, and wants to see the rig I am looking at parts for. He loves the Big Job. So, I check out all the stuff. Lots, and lots of DOT air hose (the flexible rubber stuff with braided outer, kind of like aeroquip type stuff). Tons of AN fittings, and such. Pretty decent chrome front fender. Decent pair of stainless 1/4 fenders, with mounting brackets. We're talking, and he says, "you know Joe, if you don't want the grille, how about $150 for everything else?" Wow, that was what my opening offer was gonna be. So I say sure. Sounds good to me, and Let's make this happen. We're gonna meet up, and he's bringing me the Big Rig stuff. He says ok to half this week by mail, and the other half in person (I get nervous paying in full up front before I actually get the goods). Nice guy though. He's into old cars and trucks. So, every now and again, a good deal comes through. I'll have the shiny stuff the first week of August, since that is my vacation week. The best part, none of them are brand new perfect. They all have some kind of minor age and use damage, so they'll all look a little more vintage for the truck. I don't mind having to straighten a little dent or two. It all adds to the unique character of what this Big Job will have.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:08 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold55 f350 is a splendid one to behold
hmmmmm . i used to raid the shop at a former employers biz , of lots of big truck goodies . he and the mechanic were freinds of mine and fellow car nut's so ..... like ya said good score . should make some nice additions to her !!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.