Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

jacked up trucks, who's is biggest?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 10:58 AM
76f350spercamprspeal
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I would be scared of making any fast quick turn with that...
But other than that,its great!

Old 07-13-2009, 11:02 AM
2HI2CU
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 75F350
I'd make a beer run with it.
That would be the baddest beer run in history!!!

Old 07-13-2009, 11:28 AM
ShamelessMT
Elder User
Originally Posted by fmc400
I guess I'll throw more brush on this fire, why not right?

You've missed his point completely and need to re-evaluate your stance. I don't think he's being a jerk; he is stating very clearly that he's not taking out personal attacks on this individual; instead he is stating his frustration with the bias of Montana law enforcement.

Also I think it's poor taste that you're bashing him for having posted a copy of Montana vehicle laws. Instead, I think it's commendable for anyone in an argument to come back with solid, hard evidence to back up his or her point. If no one did this, then everything everyone says is just based on hear-say.

While I can agree the thread got hijacked, I thought this debate was pretty interesting and had some good information nonetheless.
Thank you for understanding the point I was making. The fact that he can be blatantly breaking the law, bragging about it and getting away with it, while I am so close to being legal as to make no difference, but I'm the one getting pulled over all the time is what was ticking me off. Not him or his truck.

However, when he responded and told me he was legal and/or the laws didn't apply to his situation, I just wanted to inform him with facts (not my opinion) that he really wasn't, and correct his misconceptions about the law.

Sorry if I bored the rest of you.

Originally Posted by 76f350spercamprspeal
I am curious why the font is so much smaller...
I'm blind as it is...don't make it worse.
The font is so small so as to not take up an entire page. If you want it bigger, hold your CNTRL key and press + until it's large enough for you. When you're done reading, hold your CNTRL key again and press - until it's back to the size it started. Problem solved.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:54 AM
AK FORD GUY
Posting Guru
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I agree on both points. If I could get away with it, I would. (in this case).

I have been pulled over here in Alaska for having no rear bumper (my truck did not have one when I bought it from the local Ford Dealer) and no rear anti-spray devises (mud-flaps). I was running skinny 37" tires with stock suspention.

O'well, just my luck......

Old 07-13-2009, 12:29 PM
shadowviper12345
Senior User
Not the biggest. not the best, but here is my junk!

Do I get points for being street legal? Legal might be pushing it, but I do have current plates...........
IMO these are the nicest trucks on this forum. you do things right, and help other people make there trucks like yours. you just need to get rid of the black top on the red truck.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:52 PM
75F350
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by shadowviper12345
IMO these are the nicest trucks on this forum. you do things right, and help other people make there trucks like yours. you just need to get rid of the black top on the red truck.

Thank you for the compliments. Always exciting when other appreciate and like some of my junk I roll around.

You dont like Red's black top? It used to be white. Kind of liked it black.

Little history on these things. Where I wheel the vast majority of ford vehicles is the 79 ford F series. Each is different but some are the same color. Many of use are forced to use different colors and such to break things up and help create some individualism.
When I had the 75 and was building this 74 it was my intention to build identical trucks, and I made a very decent attempt. After I sold one, I decided I still liked the "old school" two tone look, but did not want to run the typical race track trim two tone. Really I did but could not bring myself to use it as I tend to be hard on sheetmetal.
Either way, I appreciate the compliments.

Just out of curiositym would you leave the entire truck one color? Just seemed like too much red for me when it was, so I broke it up a little.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:57 PM
76f350spercamprspeal
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Hey,75,Why don't ya paint orange's/Yellow's roof? (Kinda hard to to tell,the sun is setting in your picture)
He probably doesn't look bad with a tu-tone.
I love your trucks,the only problem is,how do you afford all the gas for both of 'em?

Old 07-13-2009, 01:12 PM
shameless
Elder User
Originally Posted by shadowviper12345
you just need to get rid of the black top on the red truck.
I dont know, I kinda like them, not sure if I'd like it on my truck personaly, (different tastes and all) But I think they look good, is that paint or vinly

Old 07-13-2009, 01:24 PM
jwstrand
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 76f350spercamprspeal
I would be scared of making any fast quick turn with that...
But other than that,its great!
The truck handles very nicely. The center of gravity is relatively low considering
that the truck is almost 12' tall.
The truck has rear steering, and can turn around easily.

Here it is driving in Longview, Washington:
http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...rent=Cap01.flv

In Renton, Washington:
http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...rent=Cap00.flv

Go for a ride! In Libby, Montana:
http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ent=Libby1.flv

Old 07-13-2009, 01:34 PM
TheTinian
Posting Guru
I drive mine on the street too. Its probably way to tall to be legal, but no one ever says anything here.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:45 PM
75F350
Post Fiend
Well Anthony, I had considered painting the orange truck like the red one but since it was a shortbed, and it was so "modified" looking, I figured that a single color was the best.
A local food establishment offered to sponsor the vehicle and assist with some expenses (local food eatery has an Owl in its logo and is well known for chicken wings, a real hoot of a place to eat. Delightfully tacky,,,,,,,,,)
Unfortunately they wanted too many truck appearances and photo stuuf for thier calenders and stuff, and I was not willing to make such a comittment. Nice thought though, just not for me. So for the meantime, the truck remains this way. Thispaint is just some industrial paint that holds up well to the abuse it sees in the mud. Mud is hard on the paint, so nothing flashy or expensive for the old thing.
Red truck is painted with Rustoleum from my local home improvement store. 60 bucks in a paint job is not too bad, and it has lasted over 2 years. Still looks good enough for the girls I date.

Pops truck sets the bar and is a fine example of a nice truck:

Not huge and very civilized but has some serious abilities. It gets down to business when the times comes. Clean as it is, it is out wheeling just about every weekend during our mud season.
We are building him another, and it should be just as nice.
This is what I have to compete with, lol.

As far as gas goes, Anthony, (forgive me for sounding like an "old guy) Stay in school and learn a good trade that will keep you employed anywhere in the world. What you do with those skills will depend upon you and this will dictate your income.
I took this advice from my pops and he taught us (brother and I) how to weld, and work on cars as well as working with out hands. We can drywall hang doors, heak we can build a house. Welding provided us with the ability to earn money, and this developed into decent fabrication skills. My point is that we can weld or build some simple things and make a reasonable living, or further develop the skills and build some one off stuff that pays big bucks.
I have a couple of degrees and use them in a field where they provide me a decent income. Im happy and content with two homes and several toys. This means that the "gas money" is only a small part of having fun.
Minimum wage job means that you have to work longer and harder to accomodate some expensive habits.
Learn a trade and stay in school so you have a degree that proves and documents that you are good at, and the money will roll in.
Unfortunately in this day and age, a guy with mad skills and no degree will probably not have the same opportunities as the guy with a degree.
Get some schooling in bud, and you can write good checks for the rest of your life.
(does anyone write checks any longer? lol.)

Old 07-13-2009, 01:48 PM
mattjensen
Senior User

probably the biggest POS

Old 07-13-2009, 01:49 PM
75F350
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by shameless
I dont know, I kinda like them, not sure if I'd like it on my truck personaly, (different tastes and all) But I think they look good, is that paint or vinly

Its paint: Rustoleum V7579 Gloss black, right out of the can!
Yup, inexpensive paint. I carry a can of red and black in the truck and often touch up some scrathches when I am on the trail. Just a running joke, but once in a while I touch up some stuff with the rattle can or even a roller. With a little sanding and some buffing, I get fairly incredible results.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:14 PM
shadowviper12345
Senior User
Just out of curiositym would you leave the entire truck one color? Just seemed like too much red for me when it was, so I broke it up a little.
i would probably leave it one color. i dont have his problem as my truck is rusty and currently has a spots of brown primer on the hood (PO). should be painting the hood sometime this summer. but if i were you and looking for individuality, then i would look for a unique color.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:31 PM
jwstrand
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2HI2CU
Jeff....Good to see you bud...You've got Thunder Beast back to looking good!!!
I tried sending you a message but you are not online for Yahoo or AIM.
Please send me a message.

Quick Reply: jacked up trucks, who's is biggest?