Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Smokey part throttle

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 09:16 AM
troubledsol
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Smokey part throttle

Okay here it goes well for some reason my truck smokes quite a bit at part throttle no matter what setting my chip is on except stock. The only way to get it to clear up is floor it get get the turbo screaming or make it shift down.

A example cruising 70 down the highway come to a hill or give it a little gas to change lanes look in the mirror and you can see smoke

I know this is killing mpg and need to fix it. No IC pipe leaks everything looks fine I am at a lose

Mods: Zoodad, AFE st1, CCV mod, Van turbo, WW, 6.0 IC, IAH delete, 140v IDM, Diesel Site flip chip, Deleted EBPV, Shimmed FPR, Hutch, HPX, 3.5" straight pipe

Old 07-11-2009, 09:31 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I see a little more smoke ''down low'' since I put the 38R on my truck. It puffs quite a bit more since my upgrade injector install last weekend. I don't really like to see smoke in my daily driving, but it is something I'll have to get used to. Live tuning should help in this area. I also see a little more smoke due to the warmer, less dense air in the summer here.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:35 AM
troubledsol
Senior User
I just dont think it should act like this with the stock sticks but maybe I need to just get used to it

Old 07-11-2009, 09:45 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have you called where you bought the chip and talk to them? You might be getting some over fueling from the chip. Ask them if they can reburn the chip if needed.

I smoke more now also, like Roland.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:56 PM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by troubledsol
I just dont think it should act like this with the stock sticks but maybe I need to just get used to it
A van turbo w/ 1.15 turbine housing is a bit laggy with stock sticks. You need the additional fueling/rpms to get it spooling good. You will see smoke even with upgraded injectors, but it will spool better.
How long have you had this turbo, or is this problem new to your truck?

Old 07-11-2009, 06:21 PM
troubledsol
Senior User
I have had this turbo for over a year but never noticed it smoking like this and the only things that have changed are the 140v IDM and I had a CPS die then did the Ford recall