Sponsored by: DP Tuner

what shocks do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 07:52 PM
turboboost
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what shocks do i need?

i'm in need of new shocks. What are my best bet for extremely rough terrain, i drive on only gravel and fields/pasture, VERY little pavement driving. Right now i hate the truck because every bump i hit (small or big) the truck bounces. What do you guys figure?

Old 07-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Joe_914
Senior User
Bilsteins ONLY.

I put them on my lifted F150 and it totally changed the truck.

My new to me 00 PSD SCREW will get them in a week or so. No question.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:29 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I just put the bilstein hd's on my truck. They work fine, but they seem like they are about the same as the rancho's that came stock on my f250.

Ill be honest, for the price difference, I doubt I will be putting the bilsteins back on.
I would probably try another set of rancho's or some monroes.

To be fair though I havent seen what these bilsteins do over time, and that COULD be a factor to the extra cost.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:30 AM
binuya
Fleet Mechanic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just went with the Bilsteins on mine (the blue and yellow ones,can't remember the model number), have a full length add-a-leaf on the front springs to level truck. Amazing ride for such a heavy 3/4 ton truck.

Had the stock Ranchos on it and granted they were a little worn, had an awful ride.

I took a rip on a gravel/dirt, washboard, pothole riddled logging road, and was amazed at how well the rig handled it. On the street, I can't imagine a better ride.

The valving is specifically designed for the superduty. Who knows how well they will hold up, but for $225 delivered, I am totally pleased.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Joe_914
Senior User
You won't have to worry about not buying another set of Bilstiens. You will never need shocks again.
I had Bilsteins on my Porsche 928 and they had 60K miles on them and operated like new. If you do wreck one you can send it in and get it fixed.

Rancho is barely an upgrade over Monroe POS sensacrap.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:54 AM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If you go here to get them like I did www.shockwarehouse.com you get a 5% discount and I,m pretty sure lifetime warranty also...

Old 07-03-2009, 11:00 AM
papadelogan
Snowboard season cometh..

I put Bilstein 5100s on my rig and at the time would occasionally be out on my (now ex)g/f's 40acre ranch. Not real rough, but the 5100s did great AND lookd great. I'm not a fan of the yellow/blue "normal" bilsteins, plus the 5100s I bought are for trucks lifted 1" - 3". I got mine from Truck Toyz Performance since DCSpecial was so helpful and that's where he works. I can say that they were INCREDIBLY helpful, polite, and FAST with their service. If I put a lift on, it'll be from them, no doubt.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:47 PM
turboboost
Senior User
alright, i figured you guys would say bilstein, what model would suit me best?
I'm looking to buy them in montana (going there this week) as it is way cheaper to buy them there(installing myself).

Old 07-06-2009, 03:37 PM
ShockGuys
Senior User
Originally Posted by turboboost
alright, i figured you guys would say bilstein, what model would suit me best?
I'm looking to buy them in montana (going there this week) as it is way cheaper to buy them there(installing myself).
Where are you getting them there? Are they used? Let me know the price quote, we have pretty low prices and I'm always checking around to make sure we're the lowest.

You could have them shipped to Montana and get free shipping too, I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:41 AM
eckart
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
You guys ship to Canada? Need a set of fronts for mine. I've got a 99 with a roughcountry leveling kit and fairly heavy front bumper and winch. I'm just taking a beating in the bush hunting with it. Time for beter shocks.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ShockGuys
Where are you getting them there? Are they used? Let me know the price quote, we have pretty low prices and I'm always checking around to make sure we're the lowest.

You could have them shipped to Montana and get free shipping too, I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have.
^^^^^These guys had great service.^^^^

Bilsteins 5100's on my rig and love them.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:45 AM
OTTOMATIC
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bilsteins Buy them @ Auto Zone . I am on my 3rd set. Only paid for thr first with AZ Lifetime Warranty

Old 09-17-2009, 11:18 AM
ShockGuys
Senior User
Originally Posted by eckart
You guys ship to Canada? Need a set of fronts for mine. I've got a 99 with a roughcountry leveling kit and fairly heavy front bumper and winch. I'm just taking a beating in the bush hunting with it. Time for beter shocks.
We do, but we use USPS International Priority so free shipping won't apply (Fed Ex Ground in the US).

Let me know what shocks you want and I can give you a quote with shipping. Include your postal code.

Thanks

Ponyboy, thanks for your business and we're glad the shocks are working for you.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ShockGuys
Use PromoCode Ford5 to receive your 5% discount upon checkout. FREE SHIPPING for orders over $95!
Is this discount on top of the 25% September special?

Old 09-17-2009, 12:28 PM
ShockGuys
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tenn01PSD350
Is this discount on top of the 25% September special?
Yes that can be used. The 25% Bilstein special is for select part numbers they identified for that manufacturer promotion.

If you see this banner - next to the part number they are eligible and will take off the 25% when you add them to the cart.

Quick Reply: what shocks do i need?