Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

Black Freestyle Water Spots

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 12:19 PM
lawnspecialties
More Turbo
Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts
Black Freestyle Water Spots

My wife's '07 Freestyle is amazing in it's ability to develop water spots. About a year ago, we had to take it to the dealership to see if they could remove them and they did a pretty good job. But now they are back more than ever.

Anyone had this similar issue? Any suggestions?

Old 07-24-2009, 02:20 PM
ScubaCat
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lawnspecialties
My wife's '07 Freestyle is amazing in it's ability to develop water spots. About a year ago, we had to take it to the dealership to see if they could remove them and they did a pretty good job. But now they are back more than ever.

Anyone had this similar issue? Any suggestions?
Clay bar the car and then use a all carnuba wax or one of the all synthetic "waxes" to seal it. What you are likely seeing is mineral deposits left from rain or your tap water when washing it.

Black vehicles look beautiful when freshly detailed but are a bitch to keep nice.

After waxing I like to use the Mr. Clean car wash system that uses the gun with the water filter in it. It really does work as well as they say. HOWEVER you MUST use their soap, do NOT use any other soap PERIOD. Secondly, if you live where it freezes, when storing it makes sure it has no water left in it from the last use. I have broke 2 of them frome water freezing and expanding till they burst apart.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Bear River
Former ******
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, black is harder to keep nice. I would not vote for carnuba wax however. Use a synthetic or a teflon product instead. Wax repels water, but attracts dirt.