Garage & Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop. No Truck Tech Discussion   

Dual Saw

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 03:04 PM
77f2504by4
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i saw the craftsman one in sears the other day, it didnt look that bad. the usual craftsman quality(or lack there of depending on what your comparing to) the only thing i didnt like, was the guard looked kinda flimsy.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:50 PM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Think I will go dumpster diving, seem to recall HF sent me a discount flyer couple weeks ago. Reviewed both items and they appear to be one in the same. I took down the 'tech question' tele # and will give it a call Mon., I want to make sure with the accessories intend to purchase will fit. Oh, don't buy the 12" bench buffer, does not build up enough rmp to polish a light bulb. Also, the flex drill cable, actually disintegrated within 3 minutes, thus my comment about boiling an egg. If ever need one, Eastwood has one that has lasted me along time. Have a few HF air tools, blast cabinet, and work bench, a good bang for the buck. Anyhow, thanks again for the heads up, can't wait to add another tool to my collection, " " " ".

Not sure why I don't have Craftsman further up on the tool sellection list, out of the few I have they certainly have held up to my abuse.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:38 PM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by daveengelson
Wow, opened the HF website and the Multi Function Tool video is staring me in the face. Was looking at 'soniccrafter' looks like a versatile tool but pricey. Personal experience found with HF power tools is simular to a crap shoot, had some last quite some time, and others did not last as long as it takes to boil an egg. Anyhow, thanks for the heads-up seems reasonable, heck for $39 it may be worth a try.
Thread originally started regarding the 'dual saw' but thought I would follow up regarding the HF Muli Function Tool. So far seems to be working fine but I included an extra set of accessories and they were backordered. Rec'd a notice today the manufacturerer no longer offers the accessories, apparently if they wear out need to order the entire tool, well it aint going to happen!!. O'Well, why I am not purchasing HF power tools. Next trip to hardware store have to check and see if other brand accessories are interchangable. Anyhow, , again for info purposes, something to think about if considering purchasing.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:10 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,102 Likes on 2,164 Posts
that is strange that they don't have the accessory kit over the internet, cause they have them in the stores.

but then again, the stores and internet are 2 different sides of the family according to one of the girls i talked to a few months ago.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:56 PM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
Hmmmm, Went on the internet and yes they do still list the accessories, noticed the P/N on my receipt and that on their websit are different. Have to call customer service tomorrow for refund, however, if replacements are available under the other P/N then will have them send the replacement.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:33 PM
*2fords*
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
All of the other multi tools accessories fit. but if you get them from those manufactures, you'll pay out the butt for them. I have bought alot of different blades for mine off of Ebay, for a fraction of what the others are selling for.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:39 AM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by *2fords*
All of the other multi tools accessories fit. but if you get them from those manufactures, you'll pay out the butt for them. I have bought alot of different blades for mine off of Ebay, for a fraction of what the others are selling for.
Thanks for the info., will have to check ebay. Don't mean to beat a dead horse but as indicated in post #14, HF listed 2 models, one for $39; reduced from $59, and another for $59, with same item description. Anyhow, seems accessories same for both models yet each have different P/N. Will confirm when inquire about refund.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:46 PM
*2fords*
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
I only ever saw one model in the store. Right now in one of the 4x4 magazines there is a coupon for 29.99. thats about 6.00 cheaper than i paid and I used the coupon for 35.99.