1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Mustang Fuel Tank Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 04:18 PM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
Salud Bobby, he is probably jealous of your abilities and attention to details, and throwing insults at you is his way of covering it up. The responses here show how much you and your work is respected. Carry on amigo, and take the high road as always.

Baja

Old 12-26-2015, 05:52 PM
ultraranger
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
One member from "the other site" had this to say on the subject:

"As far as I know, this is the first I've heard of this accusation. I have not read what was written nor do I care to. I know Skip as a friend and a good guy. As to what was said and by whom and for whatever reasons, I can only say, you only make accusation and no copy of the total correspondence. I am not accusing you of telling a lie, but you are slurring someone I like and is my friend. If, he called you thief, that should be between you and he. Why go out of your way to hurt his name. Why bring it to this forum? Because you and he don't see eye to eye on something and had words, is no reason to flame someone. From what you have said, he accused you of stealing something from his article. This comes under copyright infringement or some such. Frankly, I don't care one way or the other about it. This is a personal matter between the two of you, and should be kept that way. I've been known to stick my finger in **** and stir it, but found that when I do it comes out smelling like crap. I ask that this particular posting be removed by the people in charge , as it has nothing to do with our trucks and is a personal fight between the two involved."

The guy says he's a "friend" of Skips, doesn't know anything about what was said but doesn't want to know either. He says Bobby's "accusations" didn't include a copy of the total correspondence of the conversation between Bobby and Skip --but, this "friend" of Skip's says he didn't want to know what was said (??? You can't have it both ways). You, first, have to know (ALL) the facts before you can even begin to get your facts straight to comment on the matter.

The "friend" accuses Bobby of coming onto that forum and "hurting" Skip's good name there. He blasts Bobby for "bringing" this (squabble) to that forum (???).

He went onto say, "Because you and he don't see eye to eye on something and had words, is no reason to flame someone."

IF the friend (or anyone else on that forum) knew the full facts, he would know that his upstanding "friend," Uncle Skip, was the instigator of all this by signing up on FTE, just to "slur" Bobby's name by calling him a "thief" when the reality is Bobby didn't even make a carbon copy of what the Skip did.

Bobby didn't use "Skip's" information or photos --which Skip stole the swap from Mr. Niolon to write his article. Bobby wasn't the aggressor and wasn't the one to start the conflict on a public forum. Skip was. This was all purely Skip's doings.

If any apologies are in order, they're due from the original aggressor and instigator in all this --from Skip to Bobby. Not the other way around.

This will probably never be resolved. It just irritates me when people close their minds to the facts on BOTH SIDES of the story of what really happened because maybe they're afraid to find out the truth that their "friend" was actually the one that was in the wrong and maybe, they're afraid to find out the truth that their "friend" was actually the one that started the whole brouhaha on another public forum.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:36 PM
instig8r63
Cargo Master
Received 108 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by ultraranger
One member from "the other site" had this to say on the subject:

"As far as I know, this is the first I've heard of this accusation. I have not read what was written nor do I care to. I know Skip as a friend and a good guy. As to what was said and by whom and for whatever reasons, I can only say, you only make accusation and no copy of the total correspondence. I am not accusing you of telling a lie, but you are slurring someone I like and is my friend. If, he called you thief, that should be between you and he. Why go out of your way to hurt his name. Why bring it to this forum? Because you and he don't see eye to eye on something and had words, is no reason to flame someone. From what you have said, he accused you of stealing something from his article. This comes under copyright infringement or some such. Frankly, I don't care one way or the other about it. This is a personal matter between the two of you, and should be kept that way. I've been known to stick my finger in **** and stir it, but found that when I do it comes out smelling like crap. I ask that this particular posting be removed by the people in charge , as it has nothing to do with our trucks and is a personal fight between the two involved."

The guy says he's a "friend" of Skips, doesn't know anything about what was said but doesn't want to know either. He says Bobby's "accusations" didn't include a copy of the total correspondence of the conversation between Bobby and Skip --but, this "friend" of Skip's says he didn't want to know what was said (??? You can't have it both ways). You, first, have to know (ALL) the facts before you can even begin to get your facts straight to comment on the matter.

The "friend" accuses Bobby of coming onto that forum and "hurting" Skip's good name there. He blasts Bobby for "bringing" this (squabble) to that forum (???).

He went onto say, "Because you and he don't see eye to eye on something and had words, is no reason to flame someone."

IF the friend (or anyone else on that forum) knew the full facts, he would know that his upstanding "friend," Uncle Skip, was the instigator of all this by signing up on FTE, just to "slur" Bobby's name by calling him a "thief" when the reality is Bobby didn't even make a carbon copy of what the Skip did.

Bobby didn't use "Skip's" information or photos --which Skip stole the swap from Mr. Niolon to write his article. Bobby wasn't the aggressor and wasn't the one to start the conflict on a public forum. Skip was. This was all purely Skip's doings.

If any apologies are in order, they're due from the original aggressor and instigator in all this --from Skip to Bobby. Not the other way around.

This will probably never be resolved. It just irritates me when people close their minds to the facts on BOTH SIDES of the story of what really happened because maybe they're afraid to find out the truth that their "friend" was actually the one that was in the wrong and maybe, they're afraid to find out the truth that their "friend" was actually the one that started the whole brouhaha on another public forum.
I did go to Slick 60s where Skip hangs out and posted a thread. I was hoping to get an apology. I didn't get one. I just wanted to find out what kind of man Skip was. I guess I got my answer.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:42 PM
ozblitz
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skip, says it all. He skipped out!

Old 12-27-2015, 12:48 AM
GaryKip
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Bobby, don't let that guy get to you. Do like Baja said and take the high road.

Old 12-27-2015, 08:20 AM
skidoorulz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 103 Likes on 70 Posts
For crying out loud. Both of you grow up!!!!! I use both sites and find both sites informative and have never had an issue with anyone mouthing insults to anyones questions. This is the crap that has made me walk away from other forums in the past. Another thing that cracks me up is the use of different names on different forums. Trying to hide?

Old 12-27-2015, 08:27 AM
68murc
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Uuuuhmmm.......I'm right in the middle of my Mustang tank install and I used Bobby's and Mike's threads as a reference. Sorry for copying your great ideas guys.
Bobby, I hadn't seen any posts from you in a while, wondered where you went for a few months. Glad you're still here!

Old 12-27-2015, 08:58 AM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by skidoorulz
For crying out loud. Both of you grow up!!!!! I use both sites and find both sites informative and have never had an issue with anyone mouthing insults to anyones questions. This is the crap that has made me walk away from other forums in the past. Another thing that cracks me up is the use of different names on different forums. Trying to hide?
With all do respect, you haven't been called a liar on a forum. Did you read how this started? Having your name and talent questioned then slandered in an open forum goes beyond any "Grow Up."
Sometimes members who have nothing to contribute to a thread should sit back and not get involved. Having been involved on the other site during a bashing and also being called a liar caused bad blood over there.
In my case, the one who started it all by calling me a liar retracted his comments after an intervention by ND. However the damage was done and bad blood was left never to be cleaned up.
Now you have a member from the other site who joined this site just to attack a member. And you say "Grow up" obviously your not looking at this through the eyes of the accused.
So I say if you haven't been down that road what do you have to contribute except "Grow up"?
This isn't about you.

Old 12-27-2015, 11:31 AM
instig8r63
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by 68murc
Uuuuhmmm.......I'm right in the middle of my Mustang tank install and I used Bobby's and Mike's threads as a reference. Sorry for copying your great ideas guys.
Bobby, I hadn't seen any posts from you in a while, wondered where you went for a few months. Glad you're still here!
Thanks buddy.

Old 12-27-2015, 12:20 PM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
I do not have a dog in this fight, but consider all of the contributors on this site, to be Bump friends, with common goals and shared experiences with our rides. I joined out of a need to become better informed about my truck, which has been with me for 45 years now. I have learned more since joining, than I did in the first 35 years of ownership. The people here have given of their time, experience and expertise, freely, willingly, and gladly, for which I will be eternally grateful. Bobby, as well as most others, strive for perfection, and exhibit photos of exemplary craftsmanship, which speaks of sterling character. I can only hope that other sites have such quality participation, as I know there many like me who need help with our trucks. Sharing ideas, shop tricks, and personal touches, is what makes this forum superb.

Happy New Year to you all, and thanks again Bobby, for sharing your work. You and
Gavin inspired me to install a tank between the frame rails... and I am so happy to have used your free inspiration.

Baja

Old 12-27-2015, 12:35 PM
instig8r63
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by bajafishnut
I do not have a dog in this fight, but consider all of the contributors on this site, to be Bump friends, with common goals and shared experiences with our rides. I joined out of a need to become better informed about my truck, which has been with me for 45 years now. I have learned more since joining, than I did in the first 35 years of ownership. The people here have given of their time, experience and expertise, freely, willingly, and gladly, for which I will be eternally grateful. Bobby, as well as most others, strive for perfection, and exhibit photos of exemplary craftsmanship, which speaks of sterling character. I can only hope that other sites have such quality participation, as I know there many like me who need help with our trucks. Sharing ideas, shop tricks, and personal touches, is what makes this forum superb.

Happy New Year to you all, and thanks again Bobby, for sharing your work. You and
Gavin inspired me to install a tank between the frame rails... and I am so happy to have used your free inspiration.

Baja
Thanks, Baja
Maybe the mods can step in a remove some of the pollution in this thread.

Old 12-27-2015, 06:09 PM
skidoorulz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 103 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by gangstakr
With all do respect, you haven't been called a liar on a forum. Did you read how this started? Having your name and talent questioned then slandered in an open forum goes beyond any "Grow Up."
Sometimes members who have nothing to contribute to a thread should sit back and not get involved. Having been involved on the other site during a bashing and also being called a liar caused bad blood over there.
In my case, the one who started it all by calling me a liar retracted his comments after an intervention by ND. However the damage was done and bad blood was left never to be cleaned up.
Now you have a member from the other site who joined this site just to attack a member. And you say "Grow up" obviously your not looking at this through the eyes of the accused.
So I say if you haven't been down that road what do you have to contribute except "Grow up"?
This isn't about you.
Never mind. Not worth it. I am logged out.

Old 12-28-2015, 02:38 AM
Cracker289
Fleet Mechanic
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I was a subscriber to Custom Classic Trucks back in the early or mid 90's. Using a first generation Mustang tank between the rails of an old pickup is NOT something new, it was old hat then and thats 20+ years ago. Not just for Fords either, the simple style and layout of first gen Mustang tank has made it a favorite for lots of vehicles, it's easy to fit and mount.

Old 12-28-2015, 12:24 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
I am usually pretty mellow. More of a jokester than a finger pointer. But my blood pressure spiked when I read "thief". Really? About Bobby? I don't think so. So, Frau Skippy, exactly what do you think this and forums like it ARE FOR? Showcasing your ideas. Showing how to do it. Bouncing ideas off each other. Etc. Bobby didn't steal anything but if someone likes how you did something, and copies you, that's called flattery. And you chose to point this crooked finger at a good friend of ours ON CHRISTMAS DAY. Really? I mean, REALLY??

Edit. Also the accuser should look at the accused's join date.

Old 12-28-2015, 12:34 PM
TeachNlive4ever
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm gonna copy cat all you sumbutches. So get ready for that Junior.
Speaking of copy cat, ULTRA, splain to me about your brake/cargo light.

Quick Reply: Mustang Fuel Tank Install