Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a thought on the new 6.7

Old 08-12-2009, 09:42 PM
luthrobediesel
Senior User
luthrobediesel is starting off with a positive reputation.
What turbo setup is the 6.7 going to have? How does urea work? Is there gonna be urea at the pumps?

Old 08-12-2009, 11:24 PM
fordpower21
Freshman User
fordpower21 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i highly doubt it but i was told by a buddy that the 6.7l is sposed to have solinoid actuated intake and exahust valves is this true

Old 08-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Lead Head
Post Fiend
Lead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to all
The 6.7 is a standard push rod actuated 4 valve per cylinder engine.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:34 PM
luthrobediesel
Senior User
Well I did research on Urea injection. You know it will not let you start the truck if the urea tank is empty and you completely ignore all the warnings. Urea is going to be like 7 dollars a gallon. The road tractors are going to have a 20 gallon urea tank so im guessing the 6.7 will be 10 or less. It will still use a DPF and the urea injection. Removes 90 percent of Noxs. Some mercedes vehicles already have urea injection and have had for some time. Urea is corrosive. I still havent seen anything about whether you can pee in the tank and replenish the urea.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:14 AM
greggara
Junior User
greggara is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was just reading about Chevys new diesel with urea injection. The have a 9th injector behind the engine firing into the exhaust. No more in cyclinder dosing apparentley. They claim that the truck will warn you when you have less than 1000 miles of urea.

I dont know what the price of urea will be but I keep seeing $1.50 a gallon.

I can only assume the Scorpion 6.7 will use similar emission tech. Sounds promising.

I was reading this thread last night and found it very interesting. He mentioned a single turbo. Hope I am not breaking rules linking this.

Read post 56

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/gen...py-pics-6.html

Old 08-14-2009, 08:18 PM
UGA33
Post Fiend
UGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud of
He would know. Matt at Spartan has been behind the wheel of one already (God knows how) and has nothing but great things to say about them. Single turbo is what the 6.7 will have.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:48 AM
luthrobediesel
Senior User
I thought 7 dollars a gallon sounded kinda high. I dont know what I was reading.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by greggara View Post
I was just reading about Chevys new diesel with urea injection. The have a 9th injector behind the engine firing into the exhaust. No more in cyclinder dosing apparentley. They claim that the truck will warn you when you have less than 1000 miles of urea.

I dont know what the price of urea will be but I keep seeing $1.50 a gallon.

I can only assume the Scorpion 6.7 will use similar emission tech. Sounds promising.

I was reading this thread last night and found it very interesting. He mentioned a single turbo. Hope I am not breaking rules linking this.

Read post 56

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/gen...py-pics-6.html
It's good info that everybody should read, but I'll check on the legality of things...

Old 08-18-2009, 12:41 AM
azerjeff
Senior User
azerjeff is starting off with a positive reputation.
sigh..... my god. how in the hell can they ever make a good engine when they change so often!!!! its crazy and they need slapped.. another thing has anyone ever popped the hood on the 6.4. WTF is that! im tired of it. refine what you have for the love of god.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:44 AM
azerjeff
Senior User
azerjeff is starting off with a positive reputation.
they had nothing but good things to say about the 6.4 also... then it shot flames out the exhaust haha. and you have to pull the cab off to work on the engines. yeah very backyard mechanic friendly. i love fords but if you have the diesel.... keep it till warranty is up and kick it to the curb.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:09 AM
Lead Head
Post Fiend
Lead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to all
When you "refine" what you have, is you end up with the last incarnation of the 4.9/5.0/5.8 and 460 engines. Fairly large engines, putting out crap for power for just how large their displacement is, and getting crap efficiency at the same time.

You can't just keep rehasing the same old engine over and over with just a few improvements. Look at chevy, they are expected to replace their LSx based engines next year! That engine design only doubted in 1998!

Old 08-18-2009, 08:02 AM
paulfreda
Junior User
paulfreda is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by azerjeff View Post
sigh..... my god. how in the hell can they ever make a good engine when they change so often!!!! its crazy and they need slapped.. another thing has anyone ever popped the hood on the 6.4. WTF is that! im tired of it. refine what you have for the love of god.
Don't complain to the engine mfg's....write your congressman. The EPA is the driver behind new engines.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:03 PM
mizzitch
Elder User
mizzitch is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exactly! If we don't complain they will continue to kill (reliability, cost effective nature, power) of the diesel engine with emissions BS. There is no reason for all the aftertreatment of exhaust where 99% of these trucks operate. The 1% that operate in air inversion cities can have all the BS they can put on them!

Maybe we should consider air purifiers near the wildfires, if soot is so bad!

Old 08-18-2009, 02:37 PM
luthrobediesel
Senior User
The planet is getting hotter and the Ice caps are melting. Someone had to start doing something.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:42 PM
fordpower21
Freshman User
fordpower21 is starting off with a positive reputation.
but diesel exhaust isnt really bad for the enviroment

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just a thought on the new 6.7

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: