1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on Extended Warranty/Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Brown Dog
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on Extended Warranty/Maintenance

I just purchased an F350 4x4 PSD. I intend to purchase both PremiumCare ESP and Premium maintenance plans. The dealer's quote on these was ridiculously high compared to various quotes I can get from dealers on the web who apparently specialize in selling these plans.

My question: Do any of you have advice on the best place to buy these plans to get the best price? Any web links or phone numbers and your experience with prices would be helpful.

Thanks for any advice.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Parts Guy Wyatt
Former Vendor
Check our website for your price on esp extended warranties. Dan.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:25 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Welcome to FTE. If you're going to buy an extended warranty, the Ford ESP is the only one you should consider. The aftermarket warranties (including some of the ones sold at the dealer) are junk.

As mentioned above, we have sponsors here who are Ford dealers that offer the Ford ESP warranty at a better price. Congratulations on being smart enough to realize you could buy the same warranty from a different Ford dealer for less $$$.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:24 AM
Brown Dog
Freshman User
Thanks for response. Have already asked for quote from your organization but haven't received yet.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:33 AM
Brown Dog
Freshman User
Thanks for response. Had done my research before negotiating with dealers. It was clear that aftermarket warranties not associated with Ford were not worth pursuing. Having the ability to take the truck into a Ford dealer anywhere in US or Canada is particularly important to me since I live in Alaska and will be traveling throughout the US and Canada in the truck.

Responses and quotes from dealers varied widely. One dealer was particularly good with direct, honest responses and price quotes on vehicle as well as ESP and maintenance plans. Others were as much as $1000 over on ESP/maintenance quotes. The dealer where I finally bought the truck was among the most unreasonable quote for ESP/maintenance plans.

Had reviewed as much information from this forum as possible as I like to learn from others and there seems to be many knowledgeable folks on this forum. As a result have sought quotes from dealers identifed by others on this forum. Thought it would be worth asking specifically for advice on the best places to purchase ESP/maintenance plans.

Any advice/suggestions are welcomed.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:43 AM
DernMooseAk
Senior User
Let me guess Cal? That place is...well lets not go there.

Agree with not going with non ford warranty, had one company go bankrupt right after I bought there warranty. I was out the $1200.

My last warranty purchase throught the dealer, they quoted me some stupid price. I told them I want one, you want to sell one. Told him I would give them $100 over there cost if I coud see there cost.
They said yes after some bs back and forth, 7yr 70,000 for $800. before they went to the longer warrenty standard.
Keep looking a good dealer will get you a deal you can live with.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:15 AM
adamss
Junior User
Brown Dog,
Can you keep us posted as to your findings?
Does any one know how long after the purchase do we have to get a warranty?

Old 06-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Brown Dog
Freshman User
Not Cal

Originally Posted by DernMooseAk
Let me guess Cal? That place is...well lets not go there.
Nope, not Cal. But have a funny story. Cal had a big ad - $10,000 off MSRP on F250s and $11,000 off MSRP on F350s. Researched their inventory, picked out window sticker I liked, called them and set up appt to look at vehicle and negotiate, I'm ready to buy.

When I arrived the vehicle wasn't there. We wandered the lot looking for it. The salesmanager had people looking at their other lot, the dock, everywhere they could think of. Eventually, after multiple phone calls they determine the vehicle has been stolen. They said they'd had 6 vehicles stolen in the last month. No one seemed particularly concerned. I guess collecting full price on insurance is a better way of moving inventory than actually selling vehicles at advertised prices well below what any other dealer says they can sell for.

I tried my best to buy a truck in Alaska but couldn't get what I wanted. I gave the in-state dealers the configuration I wanted, told them I wanted to buy in AK, asked them if they could find a vehicle, order one, etc. Cal was basically non-responsive. Better from Kendall in Wasilla but not by a lot.

I WANTED to find a way to support local businesses but they've got to work with me, at least a little. But Cal can hardly be considered "local" -
only the local jobs supported in AK really.

Looked at dealer inventories throughout mountain states and west coast - well not in CA. Even found one in ND I was willing to consider and negotiated on. Found trucks in MT, WA and OR that were close but not exactly what I wanted. Dealt with probably 30 dealers. A couple outstanding, most good experiences, some neutral and a couple negative.

Finally, a dealer in Oregon located the exact configuration I wanted and I bought it the next day. This dealer really seemed interested in finding what I wanted and selling it to me for a good price. Unfortunately their quote for ESP/maintenance plans was the highest I received. They understood when I declined.

So, now I'm looking for the best deal on ESP/maintenance. Figured folks here will have useful information. Already found some good info here and obviously lots of folks who know more than I do.