Anyone else want to do a ride? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Anyone else want to do a ride?

Old 06-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Posting Guru

Tomcat7742 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Tomcat7742 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Anyone else want to do a ride?

Maybe get some people together and do a run up through Colonial Parkway or something?
Old 06-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Postmaster

Franken-Truck has a very good reputation on FTE.Franken-Truck has a very good reputation on FTE.Franken-Truck has a very good reputation on FTE.
I don't actually like to drive, but sounds like a fun idea for others. . .where's colonial drive?
Old 06-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Elder User

SSG VA BEACH is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franken-Truck View Post
I don't actually like to drive, but sounds like a fun idea for others. . .where's colonial drive?
ah ha ha ha colonial parkway is road that runs by the york town battlefield near williamsburg......i had missed an exit on 64 when heading to gwynns island and got on it at night to cut over to 17.. it has no lines on the road and no streetlights ...i guess to give you that colonial era feel.....but at night in the rain it gave me the uh oh better slow the heck down feel
Old 06-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Senior User

vanwho is starting off with a positive reputation.
If memory serves me correctly, it's a "Scenic Parkway" that runs between historical sites from Williamsburg to Jamstown. It also will take you to Rt17 and the bridge at the York River there by Gouster Point, I think.............
Old 06-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Posting Guru

Tomcat7742 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Tomcat7742 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yeah it takes you along the river up in Williamsburg. It's a really beautiful drive and there are a lot of areas to stop and just take in the beauty of the area. These stops also have different signs telling you about the area during the Revolutionary War and how the Colonial and British militaries moved about the area during the Battle of Yorktown.

I guess riding is more for motorcycle groups?

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > >