General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Colors and style

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2022, 09:56 AM
ford2go
Cargo Master
Received 142 Likes on 87 Posts
Colors and style

Just wondering about this
The majority of vehicles sold these days are black, white, gray or silver
There are a lot of vehicles that you pretty much have to read the name to tell the make.
New housing developments seem to go for one color or just a few similar colors. Many seem to feature identical homes (and not just townhouses).

But,
A lot of folks wear vibrantly colored ' tennis shoes' -- or whatever they call them these days
A lot of people ( and not just kids) of both sexes have hair colored green, purple orange, pink -- you name it.

Not important at all -- I just prefer my home to look like my home, same for whatever I'm driving.
hj

Old 08-08-2022, 07:59 AM
BassFantasizer
Hotshot
Received 4,672 Likes on 2,603 Posts
Originally Posted by ford2go
Just wondering about this
1) The majority of vehicles sold these days are black, white, gray or silver
2) There are a lot of vehicles that you pretty much have to read the name to tell the make.
3) New housing developments seem to go for one color or just a few similar colors. Many seem to feature identical homes (and not just townhouses).

But,
4) A lot of folks wear vibrantly colored ' tennis shoes' -- or whatever they call them these days
5) A lot of people ( and not just kids) of both sexes have hair colored green, purple orange, pink -- you name it.

Not important at all -- I just prefer my home to look like my home, same for whatever I'm driving.
hj
1) Most colors today are drab, intended to blend in with the dirt on the vehicle. Gold dirt, silver dirt, white dirt, etc. The bright colors of the 60s and 70s can't be found anywhere except retro.
2) It used to be that you could look at the tail lights and immediately tell the make and model, and often the year. I miss those days.
3) Houses go up cheaper when they come out of a cookie cutter. My first house, at 1280 sq ft, was brick/cedar on the front, and painted on the other 3 sides -- with 6 gallons of paint!
4) Dye must be horribly expensive. How else do you explain $100 shoes with less than $2 in material in them?
5) So that's where all those bright colors went. Maybe we should introduce the guys at the body shop to a team of hair stylists?