Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

Custom Fords x3

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 09:20 PM
ReadOrDie_WoW
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom Fords x3

Well figured I would share the quick details of what I have planned for 3 trucks and would love feed back on these ideas.

First is a roadster styled F-150 longbed, got a racecar builder who is going to fab me a tube-frame and I plan to either run a 302 or 351W and build it to race with (touring cars not the drag-strip) but try and keep it street legal and comfortable. Only other thing I can say is that every part of the truck is going to be custom built from the headlight brackets to the four-link rearend, the idea is one that will give me a racecar like feel in a pickup.

Secondly there is "Major Ford", a truggy in progress ATM with a military influeanced style, which I plan to run 44" tires, with a handbuilt frame on which will hold the stock cab (minus the interiour) but will try and put all the body panels onto to give it the F-150 look, this truck is nearing completion and I promise pics as soon as I find my camera . (also all of the original parts for this truck I plan to list once I get them organized)

Lastly, I am planning to start a project on a F-250 on which I stretch the frame to fit a sleeper as well as a semi-truck style fifth wheel, other mods include dual axles for dual wheels, smoke stacks, a lift kit to handle semi sized tires, semi-style fuel tanks and battery boxes as well as other odds and ends that will give it a tractor trailer style feel, and interesting idea which I have called "Baby Blue" and can't wait to start.

And if you were wondering, everything is alot cheaper when you build it yourself! :P