Stolen Truck Tucson - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Stolen Truck Tucson

Old 05-21-2009, 04:43 PM
tj.brewster
Senior User
tj.brewster is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool Stolen Truck Tucson

I posted this in the Superduty forum, they told me to post here as well.

Well my wifes truck was stolen at the Tucson Mall on Sunday. I always thought this kinda stuff happens to the other guy.
She saw it driving out of the parking lot, called the police immediately, however, I'm sure the truck was in Mexico before it was even called in.
It took the police 2 hours to show up to take the report
It was an 05 F250 King Ranch, copper and az beige with a red topper (awaiting paint). I had just put on a new set of tires and paid out of pocket for an EGR cooler repair.

If any body in the Tucson, Nogales area has any info please PM. Im sure the truck has already been damaged hauling dope and illegals. I've seen first hand what happens to these trucks when the mexicans get ahold of them. I'm in the army (helo pilot) and I fly the border. Most of the trucks I see are fords and there is very little left of them.

Now I have to convince my wife to get another one. Shes afraid if she gets another one it'll be stolen also.

Besides the jimmy jammers, what can I do to minimize the chance of this happening again.

Sorry for the long post, I just a bit frustrated. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks TJ

Old 05-21-2009, 05:35 PM
liftedgrocerygetter
Post Fiend
liftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to behold
Damn TJ, I am so sorry to hear about your wives truck.....

I would be sick if someone took my 7.3. Have you thought about LOJACK for her new truck, if she gets another? You can also put a toggle switch somewhere on the dash that has to be flipped in order to start the truck. My husband had one on his old 76 and I am thinking of putting one on my 01 for added secruity. Other than that I am not sure what can be done besides alarms and jimmy jammers.

I hope they find your truck!

Old 05-21-2009, 06:28 PM
bigunred
Elder User
bigunred is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sorry to hear about your truck. they do sell a relay at checker that will prevent your rig from starting. I have one on my excursion it is rempte controlled and can also be used with the factory theft deterents as well as an aftermarket alarm. Much cheaper than a high dollar alarm kit that they seem to get past alot here in AZ. I also have a gps on my rig. I hope you recover your rig in decent shape.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:52 PM
helifixer
Post Fiend
helifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputation
sorry to hear about your ride, I know first hand about our "southern neighbors" steeling trucks, I would go for a hidden switch, it must be where you can toggle it with out it being obvious, but at the same time not in plain sight. or if in plain sight mark it as kc lights or back up lights, or even have 2 switches and have it where one has to be up and one down.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:59 PM
helifixer
Post Fiend
helifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputation
on another thought just take a helicopter and go find it, I mean really if obama can take a 747 and 2 fighter jets out for a photo shoot he shouldn't have a problem with you borrowing an Apache longbow for a few hours, you might have to pay the cost of the 50 cal rounds you use but hey it would be worth it.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Bill W
Post Fiend
Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
Tj, I'll keep my eyes open.... but as you said, it's prolly in Mexico already.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:31 AM
tj.brewster
Senior User
Thanks Guys/Gals, I'm liking the idea of taking a helo out except I dont fly the apache. How ever I have fired an m-4 out of a helo with decent results.
I am flying next week so I might take a trip to the border. It's been raining the last couple days so I might be stuck in an arroyo somewhere. Just not sure I want it back now. Probably all tore up by now.

TJ

Old 05-22-2009, 05:43 AM
tj.brewster
Senior User
Bigunred, you got any specs on that relay you mentioned. I got an 04 harley F250 I'd like to keep around. Looking into an installer for the ravelco system, but I'd like to slow them down a little til I get it sorted out.

Thanks Tj

Old 05-23-2009, 11:53 PM
AzBlueWolf
Post Fiend
AzBlueWolf has much to be proud ofAzBlueWolf has much to be proud ofAzBlueWolf has much to be proud ofAzBlueWolf has much to be proud ofAzBlueWolf has much to be proud ofAzBlueWolf has much to be proud ofAzBlueWolf has much to be proud ofAzBlueWolf has much to be proud ofAzBlueWolf has much to be proud ofAzBlueWolf has much to be proud of
make sure you tell the insurance co about recent repairs and tires...they can figure that in to the value... thieves suck, and the way the economy is, its just gonna get worse for a while

Old 06-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Dually TAS
Senior User
Dually TAS is starting off with a positive reputation.
One of the sub-contractors I work with puts GPS on their expensive equiptment. Just a few months ago they busted a whole criminal ring thanks to them stealing the right generator. Led the police right to the house of scum bags.