Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What transmission should I use

Old 05-21-2009, 01:05 AM
rmbullmac
New User
rmbullmac is starting off with a positive reputation.
What transmission should I use

What is the best transmission to put in the 2002 f250 powerstroke ?

Old 05-21-2009, 01:07 AM
Riffraff Performance
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.
If you mean a rebuilt or to have your rebuild either John Woods or BTS seems to be the consensus. I have talked to JW before and I am very impressed by him.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:51 AM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Izzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud of
Welcome... It would help if we knew where you are located. I'm in TX, so mine will be a BTS. If you're out west, then JW is the way to go. I've heard good things about Suncoast down in the FL panhandle as well. There's also ATS, but I can't remember where they're located. CO maybe???

Old 05-21-2009, 08:05 AM
amthatiam
Senior User
amthatiam is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have the suncoast w/triple disc converter am very happy with it. The first torque converter they sent with the trans failed after about 20,000 miles, sounded like rocks in a can shaken very hard at idle, they honored the warranty and sent a new one. 80,000 miles plus on it now and love it, firm shifts and very quiet. My only complaint is the wife of the owner who passed away, I bought the trans when they had a 3 year unlimited milage warranty, shortly there after they went to two year, when I had the trouble with the converter I found her to be very difficult to deal with. The people in their shop were great, very helpful and knowledgable. If I had to do it again I would go to BTS if for no other reason than all the good things I have read about his customer service and his warranty coverage. Hope this helps.
Dan

Old 05-21-2009, 09:13 AM
brandon_oma#692
Posting Guru
brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.
anybody in the midwest? just preparing for the enevitable

Old 05-21-2009, 09:38 AM
kalsc
Senior User
kalsc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.kalsc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Amthatiam raises a good point. For me, having gone BTS but NOT having had to deal with any warranty issues yet, so far the customer service at BTS has been outstanding. Hardware is one thing which it seems BTS and JW build some pretty mean transmissions, but customer service will really fill in the holes when things go wrong. Not to mention, the warranty from BTS seems second to none!!!

Old 05-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Ponyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud of
ATS is in Colorado but there's been threads in the past complaining about their customer service due to warranty issues regarding modified trucks and their units. I rode in two ATS equipped trucks and they are OK but not great. Those two owners have ridden in my truck (BTS in it) and they were much more impressed with it. Plus they spent the same if not more for their units. I haven't had any reason to call BTS for warranty issues but they are super nice people and cannot imagine them leaving you high and dry if something goes wrong regardless on your mods or abuse.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Izzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud ofIzzy351 has much to be proud of
Yeah, there seems to be a hole in the Mid-West/Northeast for a good 4R100 guy. Maybe someone in PA/OH will step up to fill the gap...

Old 05-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Tom S
Senior User
Tom S is starting off with a positive reputation.
BTS got my business but I also like John Wood.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:05 AM
Adam0331
Posting Guru
Adam0331 has a good reputation on FTE.Adam0331 has a good reputation on FTE.Adam0331 has a good reputation on FTE.
I think East Coast Diesel here in PA can build a stout tranny.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:16 PM
aklim
Post Fiend
aklim has a very good reputation on FTE.aklim has a very good reputation on FTE.aklim has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692 View Post
anybody in the midwest? just preparing for the enevitable
Brians Truck Shop

Old 05-22-2009, 04:41 PM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by kalsc View Post
Amthatiam raises a good point. For me, having gone BTS but NOT having had to deal with any warranty issues yet, so far the customer service at BTS has been outstanding. Hardware is one thing which it seems BTS and JW build some pretty mean transmissions, but customer service will really fill in the holes when things go wrong. Not to mention, the warranty from BTS seems second to none!!!
My 1st BTS just arrived back to Brian today. Customer service is great. It is warranty work being done. Have had it for over a year now. Definately reinstalling a BTS again.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:32 PM
60RatRod
Posting Guru
60RatRod has a good reputation on FTE.60RatRod has a good reputation on FTE.60RatRod has a good reputation on FTE.
This little article helped me decide Ford Super Duty 4R100 Transmission - Four Wheeler Magazine and after talking to John personally over the phone I was confident Id get the right transmission for my needs. I put it in last week and I am very pleased to say the least.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
I'm in California, so it was a no brainer for me, I went with a John Wood tranny.

Stewart

Old 05-22-2009, 07:07 PM
That_Guy
Postmaster
That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Izzy351 View Post
Welcome... It would help if we knew where you are located. I'm in TX, so mine will be a BTS. If you're out west, then JW is the way to go. I've heard good things about Suncoast down in the FL panhandle as well. There's also ATS, but I can't remember where they're located. CO maybe???
I called suncoast back when I needed a tranny, They were WAY more expensive than BTS. I stopped looking into them when I found out the price so I dont know anything else about them.

Originally Posted by Izzy351 View Post
Yeah, there seems to be a hole in the Mid-West/Northeast for a good 4R100 guy. Maybe someone in PA/OH will step up to fill the gap...
There are a few in MD, but no big shops really. Just basically a few good guys at some dealerships from what Ive found. I got mine from a local shop in MD since I couldnt wait and BTS had a waiting list, and Ive been pretty happy with it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.