Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pray for Nolan (4inchlovin)

Old 05-20-2009, 10:33 PM
duck fan
Because racetruck
duck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant futureduck fan has a brilliant future
Pray for Nolan (4inchlovin)

This thread is happy and sad all at the same time. Nolan and I got together today and installed our brand new DP Tuners. We took our time and followed the instructions. Once we got them both in, Nolan fired his truck up first. After giggling like little girls at the smoke, we were about to fire my truck up.

Thank God I realized that I forgot to program my PCM back to stock with my old Bully Dog downloader. So we had to uninstall the DP. Put the PCM back, reprogram the PCM, remove the PCM and then reinstall the DP Tuner.

Then we fired the trucks up. After warm-up, we were ready to take off. First stab of the throttle I realized that for a dirt road, stock is the only way to go. Once we go out to the county road we hit it. Smoke as far as the eye could see...

And then Nolan blew his clutch.

Guys he saved forever for this tuner. We need affordable sources for a clutch for the ZF6. We may even need to take up a collection. He may be willing to dance at Clay's dyno day. But guys he needs prayer.

He already has the permagrin.... with tears.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:46 PM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
bdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud of
We cant leave you two alone for any amount of time can we. Have him call John Woods and see what he recommends.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:06 PM
Riffraff Performance
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by bdrummonds View Post
We cant leave you two alone for any amount of time can we. Have him call John Woods and see what he recommends.
x2 on both counts. John Woods is the best way to go and he will take good care of you. Sorry Nolan

You only have 2 weeks, so start practicing your dancing!!

Old 05-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Tenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud of
Man, that sucks. You got to be able to pay IOT play. I have at my disposal a older style TS type 6 position chip that Jody will load with 6 tunes for anyone who is interested. I still have not figured out what I am going to do with it but it is currently at DP awaiting instructions from whoever?????

I hope he gets that truck fixed quickly.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:15 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.
Man, started out great, now i,m bumming. Maybe John can work something out for you...Good luck..

Old 05-20-2009, 11:21 PM
santacruzf250
Elder User
santacruzf250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Nolan!!! Bummer man. I've had motors blow up on me before so I know how it feels. Sorry for the trouble buddy.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:53 PM
WA.Ranger
Postmaster
WA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to all
Man, that sucks.....

Old 05-21-2009, 12:27 AM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend
4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by santacruzf250 View Post
Nolan!!! Bummer man. I've had motors blow up on me before so I know how it feels. Sorry for the trouble buddy.
Well as you know Loren im on my second motor.

Anyways my clutch is not blown but it is not happy. It will slip even in the 40T setting if i have it to the floor.

But man oh man before it slips that tuner is a kick in the frickin pants!!!!!

Anyways thanks for the kind thoughts...

Old 05-21-2009, 12:28 AM
8tsixt
Elder User
8tsixt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by bdrummonds View Post
Lets see some dancing.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:25 AM
orng1
Postmaster
orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.
Are you going to swap the clutch yourself? I can have one made for you if your going to do it yourself. If not I recommend you go with what the shop recommends.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:09 AM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Now that sucks!

Hey, look on the bright side brother, at least it wasn't your rebuilt engine!

Stewart

Old 05-21-2009, 05:18 AM
Supercab
Post Fiend
Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.
Wink

Sell the new DP to pay for the clutch! at least then the truck will be driveable!

Old 05-21-2009, 07:25 AM
RedBoat
Rather Be Floatin
RedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to beholdRedBoat is a splendid one to behold
Sorry about the bad luck, it is beginning to sound like one of my projects. Install one thing repair two.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:31 AM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Ponyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RedBoat View Post
Sorry about the bad luck, it is beginning to sound like one of my projects. Install one thing repair two.
That's been my luck of late. Sorry, Nolan. Get it fixed soon.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:48 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.
miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
Good luck Nolan. Things will break sometimes with the added power. I've been knocking on wood. Hope it is a quick fix.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pray for Nolan (4inchlovin)

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.