Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

un employed

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 10:09 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,690 Likes on 1,134 Posts
un employed

well I got the phone call today, they officially closed my base, if I wish to remain employed I will have to re locate to Texas. NOT!!! So as is with Mark every day is Friday.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:05 PM
AzBlueWolf
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That gives you plenty of time to finish your other work now Bart.

My brother has 6 cars to work on tomorrow...they asked him to work and he said he couldnt because he was busy. he also has 2 bathrooms to paint before wednesday.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Do you still have a contract with the ranch fixing there tractors and trucks?

Old 05-16-2009, 11:55 AM
helifixer
Lead Driver
I still have my side job, I just have to kick it in to high gear. It might be difficult to get my wife through nursing school with out any debt now.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:17 PM
bigunred
Elder User
Well, other than what i scrounge i aint had a real job for more than a few weeks since i moved here. I feel the school funding pain as we went through it for my wife. The good news is most places she will hire on to have great student loan repay bennies. And sign on bouneses are a big perk in the nursing field. So I guess what i'm sayin is, dont sweat the student loans and stuff they aint that bad.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:15 AM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
times are tough all over Bart! I've been working outta state for awhile now on the Rail! I get home every week for a couple days, but it really sucks right now, hopefully things will change soon. Good luck to you getting your side-job biz off the ground and running!

Old 05-18-2009, 11:19 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bart,
This is a great opportunity for you to get your business going strong. As Jason said, Student loans aren't the worse things. Vici will be forgiven a percentage of her student loans after 5 years because of SPED, TITLE 1, etc. plus pay incentives, etc. In Arizona Vici would of got a $5000/yr bonus just for SPED. In Nevada she is paid quite a bit more for her SPED.
I haven't been around this last month. I have been seriously ill. It all came to a head last week when I was rushed into surgery when my appendix & small intestine blew up almost killing me. Thank GOD for a surgeon that saw me come out of a test & rushed me into surgery. I was 4 days in ICU, & 4 days in regular care. The surgeon was so upset with the hospital over this deal that he complained to hospital admin. I was visited by the Admin. I was told the hospital will take care of things & to not worry about co-pays etc. I contacted my attorney & he told me that if a staff surgeon has filed a complain that I have nothing to worry about.
I had been in & out of the hospital & the clinic doctors & they basically just did nothing for two weeks. When Dr Murray found this out he was not happy, & took action.
But the bottom line I'm alive & healing, & GOD IS STILL IN CHARGE OF EVERYTHING.
Craig

Old 05-18-2009, 01:00 PM
AzBlueWolf
Post Fiend
holy crap Craig!

Glad you are better!!

Old 05-18-2009, 01:13 PM
PilotRob
Elder User
Yes, what Mark said. Wow ... it's absolutely insane sometimes. Glad to hear you're "fixed" Craig.

Bart: will they commute you at all to the job in TX, or does it require relocation? TX isn't all bad, though I'm with you in wanting to stay in AZ.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:39 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
they will not pay for commute or the time commuting. for maintenance it is re location. I see no reason to re locate to Texas as they are down sizing there also, why move to the next base that might close?
after 42 years in Az I am kinda attached to this crazy over taxed state.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:41 PM
AzBlueWolf
Post Fiend
Guess Bart has never been to massachusetts if he thinks this is a crazy overtaxed state

Old 05-18-2009, 05:34 PM
troposcatter
Elder User
Jobs

Yeah looking for a job sometimes sucks, especially when you are looking while unemployed. I bailed on the people I worked for when the situation became intolerable (nepotism is alive and well) and went to work for the county temporarily while we looked for a place to move and sold our house. the economy tanked and our raises were frozen the value of our house dropped so here I am. We aren't hiring anyone to replace the people who die, retire or get fired. I was the last one hired near as I can tell. I would move on but now I'm stuck with this house.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:17 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Thanks Mark & Rob. This last month has been like very bad dream. But I'm on the up side now.
Did I hear that Mark you lost your job? Your are a good mechanic you should be able pick up something to hold you over. Might not have the bennies your use to but might keep you out of savings some.
Bart, Texas is nice if your in the Hill Country around Austin, but I'm with you I wouldn't trade Arizona for Texas. I spent 4 years in & out of Texas in the 90s.
Craig

Old 05-18-2009, 07:52 PM
bigunred
Elder User
Sorry to hear how your month went Craig. I am glad to hear you are doing better.

Texas is good for a visit but I wouldnt want to live there.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:08 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

Originally Posted by bigunred
Sorry to hear how your month went Craig. I am glad to hear you are doing better.

Texas is good for a visit but I wouldnt want to live there.
That is my feelings also. After spending a part of the a summer in east Texas, the hill country, a little in west Texas I decided that 100 degrees & 80+% humidity was enought for me. The winters in the Austin area are really beautiful, but I do like the rain. I have to say the people of Texas are a great bunch bunch if your not a Northerner, They consider us guys from Nevada & Arizona westerners & OK for the most part.