Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Crew Cab Raptor? What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Raider50
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crew Cab Raptor? What do you think?

In a article by Mike Levine on Pickuptrucks.com, Mark Grueber (Ford's marketing manager for the F-150) said that they have had more than a 1000 orders for the Raptor. Witch is more than they expected to get.

To get to the interesting part, "We've had requests for a crew cab [Raptor]," said Grueber. "We haven't made any decisions but there's some demand for it. Not everyone is going to use [the Raptor] for aggressive off-roading. It could be something similar to the four-door [Jeep] Wrangler."

IMO a crew cab raptor, would out sell the super cab. Because most people probably wont be using their raptor for serious off roading, or for that matter off roading at all. Most people would just like some extra ponies and a pissed off looking truck. IMO it would be for the best to make a crew cab, it widens the consumer base, thus generating more sales and bringing in more cash.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:42 PM
cpdorroh
Elder User
Originally Posted by Raider50
IMO a crew cab raptor, would out sell the super cab. Because most people probably wont be using their raptor for serious off roading, or for that matter off roading at all. Most people would just like some extra ponies and a pissed off looking truck. IMO it would be for the best to make a crew cab, it widens the consumer base, thus generating more sales and bringing in more cash.
Agreed^^^^^^.

If I were buying a raptor, I would definitely go for a SCrew with 5.5' bed. Sure it would have a worse breakover angle than the SCab, but overall it would be a much more functional truck. A SCrew Raptor would still be a very capable off-road machine, still more so than any other OEM truck on the market today. A crew cab would make it more practical for hauling hunting buddies and gear to the favorite spot that's hard to get to.

I'm not a big fan of the looks of a SCab with the 5.5' bed, anyhow. Looks fine with a 6.5', but not as much with the 5.5'. JMHO.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:56 PM
Raider50
Elder User
Yah, the wheel base isnt that much longer in the crew than it is on the supercab. If i remember right it was some where around 16 inches. It wouldnt make that much of a difference. I just hope they realize how many more trucks they would sell if it was a crewcab. I know we would get one.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:41 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,218 Likes on 801 Posts
The Screw would definately be bad a$$!

Tim

Old 06-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
you the man Raider

I would get one as soon as the bank approved me if the Raptor came out in a Screw...even more so if with the 6.2 motor

Scab is just so limiting on its uses, and are severely limited in cargo/people space when compared to a screw

Old 06-24-2009, 08:39 PM
jllang2
Senior User
my issue is the bed, i would need at minimum a 6 1/2 foot box and still prefer the 8 but few buy those so i know that will not be coming out

Old 06-24-2009, 08:43 PM
wi_bigfoot
Freshman User
Any pictures of what the Raptor looks like? Sounds like it's an off road version?

Old 06-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Raider50
Elder User
Originally Posted by wi_bigfoot
Any pictures of what the Raptor looks like? Sounds like it's an off road version?
yah its even got its own site http://www.fordvehicles.com/f150raptor/ its sick

Old 06-24-2009, 09:07 PM
Raider50
Elder User
sorry laggy double post

Last edited by Raider50; 06-24-2009 at 09:10 PM. Reason: lag
Old 06-24-2009, 10:00 PM
Wes28376
New User
Originally Posted by cpdorroh
Agreed^^^^^^.

If I were buying a raptor, I would definitely go for a SCrew with 5.5' bed. Sure it would have a worse breakover angle than the SCab, but overall it would be a much more functional truck. A SCrew Raptor would still be a very capable off-road machine, still more so than any other OEM truck on the market today. A crew cab would make it more practical for hauling hunting buddies and gear to the favorite spot that's hard to get to.

I'm not a big fan of the looks of a SCab with the 5.5' bed, anyhow. Looks fine with a 6.5', but not as much with the 5.5'. JMHO.
I agree the screw would be a great truck but the most capable on the market I don't know. It depends on what type of offroading you do. For highspeed desert racing I would agree with you.

For slower rock crawling type of offroading the Dodge Power wagon is better. I had an 07 Power wagon before I got my 09 FX4. It was unstoppable off-road. It came standard with:

Hemi engine
Front and rear locking diffs
4:56 gears
Electronic disconnecting front sway bar
Warn winch
Solid front axle
Forged aluminum wheels
33" BFGs stock but I added 35" Toyo MTs without any added lift.

It was a great truck but only got 9 MPG so I had to get something a little more efficient.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:25 PM
Raider50
Elder User
Originally Posted by Wes28376
I agree the screw would be a great truck but the most capable on the market I don't know. It depends on what type of offroading you do. For highspeed desert racing I would agree with you.

For slower rock crawling type of offroading the Dodge Power wagon is better. I had an 07 Power wagon before I got my 09 FX4. It was unstoppable off-road. It came standard with:

Hemi engine
Front and rear locking diffs
4:56 gears
Electronic disconnecting front sway bar
Warn winch
Solid front axle
Forged aluminum wheels
33" BFGs stock but I added 35" Toyo MTs without any added lift.

It was a great truck but only got 9 MPG so I had to get something a little more efficient.
im sure it was a ok truck, but the one i saw here in town wouldnt be so great off road because it was a CC long bed. To long of a wheel base to go to many places. But they are 2 different breeds, you are right the raptor is a more hi speed off roader where the wagon is a slower beast

Old 06-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Wes28376
New User
Originally Posted by Raider50
im sure it was a ok truck, but the one i saw here in town wouldnt be so great off road because it was a CC long bed. To long of a wheel base to go to many places. But they are 2 different breeds, you are right the raptor is a more hi speed off roader where the wagon is a slower beast
Not trying to start an argument but the power wagon isn't available in CC long bed. The Crew Cab is only available with the short bed which is a tad over 6'. The Crew Cab power wagon isn't much longer than the Screw F150 because the rear cab of the Dodge is so much smaller than the ford. You can only get the long bed on the regular cab.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Raider50
Elder User
Originally Posted by Wes28376
Not trying to start an argument but the power wagon isn't available in CC long bed. The Crew Cab is only available with the short bed which is a tad over 6'. The Crew Cab power wagon isn't much longer than the Screw F150 because the rear cab of the Dodge is so much smaller than the ford. You can only get the long bed on the regular cab.
oh alright, i must have been thinking of a woodhouse or somthing. but even at that they are still 2 very different trucks.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:37 PM
RISUPERCREWMAN
Senior User
I would not buy any truck unless it was a SuperCrew!!!

Old 06-25-2009, 04:22 PM
silver05fx4
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well if i knew they where kicking around the idea of a for sure crew cab i would have waited

Quick Reply: Crew Cab Raptor? What do you think?