1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealerships!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Help I M Stuck
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealerships!! :(

OK...just a quick rant here..
Took my 05 6.0L in to the shop the other week for the famous puking bottle, clogged EGR cooler thingy which blew a head gasket. Ok..they do the work and I get the truck back a week later. All covered under warranty -$100 deductable..good thing. Now the bad that has me P*##@% off.
--Look in the back seat which has been folded up since the day i purchased the truck and has never been sat in..well it's down and loaded with soot..the mechanic decided the best place to put the parts from the motor was in the back seat. So i took it right back that day and they cleaned it..Ok..it's clean but im still not happy that he did that.
--NOW I'm looking at my running board on my drivers side..it's loose...so i lay under there and they only put 2 out of 6 bolts back in after they took it off to take the cab off to do the work. Then the wiring for the running board lights have been cut and tapped back together.
--Then any wiring that I had installed for air horn, cb antenna, raidos etc. that ran from the cab to the frame..ALL cut and taped back together. ..which some i will now have to go buy new and spend the time all over to run them the way I had them.
--Also I've been smelling diesel fuel..so I lay under there today and from where they disconnected the fuel lines..they had a return line not snapped on all the way.
This is exactly why I don't like taking my truck to a dealership for anything and do all my own servicable work myself.
--ok..done puffing...
All it takes is a few minutes to check a vehicle over when you are done working on it to check for missing nuts, bolts and dirt YOU caused. I understand one bolt/nut being a oversight..but when you miss 4 out of 6..that's just plaini LAZINESS!!

Old 05-12-2009, 01:38 PM
DAVE67FD
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Take a trip back and speak with the service manager (not the guy behind the desk that takes your keys) and detail your complaints. You probably won't get any money back but see what incentives (free oil changes, coupons etc..) they can offer you plus you get to vent at the boneheads boss.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 277 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by DAVE67FD
Take a trip back and speak with the service manager (not the guy behind the desk that takes your keys) and detail your complaints. You probably won't get any money back but see what incentives (free oil changes, coupons etc..) they can offer you plus you get to vent at the boneheads boss.
Right on the money!

My truck hasn't seen a dealership in years and won't see one ever again. If it's something I know I can't do, I'll take it to a diesel performance shop and let them do it. I might spend a little more money, maybe less, but you're not just another customer to them. They'd much rather do it right the first time and have a customer for life.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:53 PM
mwsF250
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Call me cynical, but it sounds like they did a pretty good job for "professionals" if that's all they messed up....

If you want it done right, you HAVE to do it yourself.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Help I M Stuck
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mwsF250
Call me cynical, but it sounds like they did a pretty good job for "professionals" if that's all they messed up....

If you want it done right, you HAVE to do it yourself.
Exactly!! LOL
I would have done it myself if my back would hold out laying across the top of the motor long enough to get the parts off and then back on again...but figured since it was a lot more work then i feel like doing now that i'm older ..just take it in and let the warranty cover it. I still do the oil changes, brakes, filters, lubes, fuel filters and stuff..just some things are easier to have soeone else do....
just the aggravation when you get it back.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:14 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's threads like this that make me glad that I have a very good dealership both in sales and in service(which is hard to come by these days).

I don't really have a trustworthy local performance shop that is within reasonable driving distance for someone that has a demanding job.

I'm just glad about my dealership though, OP I'm sorry about your experiance, I know I would be pissed if my dealership messed up my KR leather.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:25 PM
cparks
More Turbo
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
If that happened to me, I would be pissed. I did have once they did some warranty work on my Ranger and had to remove my tires and damaged two of the aftermarket rims with an impact. They ended up replacing them.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Take the truck back to the dealership and have them replace all of the missing bolts to the running boards. Then provide a list of the wires and cables that were cut (part numbers, prices, and sources) and tell them you expect them to order the parts. Even let them order them for you. You will have to re-install them but you should have to pay for them.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:39 AM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Furian
Take the truck back to the dealership and have them replace all of the missing bolts to the running boards. Then provide a list of the wires and cables that were cut (part numbers, prices, and sources) and tell them you expect them to order the parts. Even let them order them for you. You will have to re-install them but you should not have to pay for them.
Edit of my post.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:26 AM
redford
Received 1,560 Likes on 908 Posts
Originally Posted by DAVE67FD
Exactly, but keep your cool. Do not raise your voice and do not threaten the dealership. Do not get emotional. Present the service manager with a list (oral and written) of everything you found wrong. Stress that you do not find this level of service acceptable. The return fuel line is especially egregious and could have resulted in a fire. The loose running boards could have resulted in a fall and injury to you or your passenger. Either could have resulted in a lawsuit that they would have lost.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:43 AM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Why would you take off the running board when your pulling the cab to do the repairs? Why store dirty parts in the cab of the truck when its ten feet in the air?