6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Announcement on the passing of Bill Hewitt

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2023, 08:10 PM
Fuzzpuss
Cargo Master
Received 445 Likes on 294 Posts
Announcement on the passing of Bill Hewitt

In Memory of Bill Hewitt

It is with a heavy heart that we share news of the passing of our founder and dear friend, Bill Hewitt

Bill lived his life to the fullest and over the last couple of decades got to share his boundless knowledge, passion and insights with thousands of customers who walked through the door at Power Stroke Specialty and millions of viewers who tuned into his PowerStrokeHelp YouTube videos.

We know the videos he shared inspired countless viewers to get hands-on with their Power Stroke for the first time while others were motivated to purchase a project truck to work on by themselves or with family. It was the stories and experiences shared by his viewers that fueled Bill's determination to continue sharing his expertise with the world. His dedication extended beyond the automotive world, as he worked to support veterans transitioning into civilian life through Train-A-Vet, his non-profit organization.

While the news has been incredibly difficult to take in, we have been deeply moved to read the incredible comments which have poured in around the internet from customers and viewers explaining what Bill meant to them and the positive impact he had on their lives.

Whether you met Bill at the shop, learned from his advice or simply enjoyed watching his videos, thank you for subscribing and supporting Bill.

The world has lost a great leader, teacher, entertainer, husband and father.

Rest in peace, Bill Hewitt.

The following 2 users liked this post by Fuzzpuss:
Old 10-26-2023, 08:43 PM
marker223
Mountain Pass
Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts
Thank you Chris for sharing this.

I don’t know what to say. I’m just heartbroken.

Bill is a legend. He is bigger than life.
I watched his videos for years before I decided to take my own 6.0 to him and I have never regretted the decision.

I remember committing to have my truck at his shop in Buford on a Monday morning. It was Friday afternoon. Only then did I realize I had not done any alternative research about Powerstroke Specialties. I spent the weekend scouring the internet for reviews. I wanted to find all the negative opinions.
There were none. I couldn’t find a single one.

I drove from Texas to Georgia that Sunday feeling 100% confident I was making the right decision.

Bill Hewitt was my friend. He answered the phone every time I called. We talked about all kinds of things. I have years of our text message conversations. We just talked last week.

I’m rambling. Forgive me. I have lost a real friend.

Rest In Peace my friend. I miss you already.

Semper Fidelis!
Mark D. Wood

The following 3 users liked this post by marker223: