Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

Anyone from So. Illinois?

Old 03-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Anyone from So. Illinois?

Specifically, the Marion/ Carbondale area..............Lived south of Marion for a couple years in the late 70s, really enjoyed the hunting and fishing!...Just wondered how much the area has changed in 30some years.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:27 PM
4x41977
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From over here in Marissa area, my brother lives in Herrin though

Old 05-10-2009, 01:15 PM
clydeford
New User
Southern Illinois

Howdy, I'm new to this forum. I am from the Little Egypt. I live around the marion area. I have an old ford, 1976 supercab. I have had it for a while, sad thing is I haven't had time to take care of it. It's gathering rust setting in my yard. I'll need to either get it going or sell it, it's a good old truck. It would make a nice truck for someone wanting to fix it up. Or just to drive. Mind you I am not putting it up for sale, just looking at my options. But, here is my problem. I can't seem to get the right fuel pump for it. The difference is, my old mechanical fuel pump has an arm that has several bends in it, the newer replacement fuel pumps have a straight arm. I am not getting fuel to the carb. I tested the new fuel pump and gas line by hand pumping the fuel pump, and I am getting gas through the pump. But when I have the new fuel pump on the truck, no gas. So, I am thinking the new fuel pump arm is not moving with the excentric cam, or not matching up, and so the arm is not moving to allow it to pump fuel through the pump to the carb. I have searched and searched and can't seem to get a fuel pump with the correct arm. I am no expert mechanic, so I may have to get the engine# off the engine, does anyone know where the engine# is located. It is a 1976 Supercab, 460 engine. I can upload some pics of the fuel pump and truck if anyone thinks they can help. Thanks!

Old 05-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by clydeford
Howdy, I'm new to this forum. I am from the Little Egypt. I live around the marion area. I have an old ford, 1976 supercab. I have had it for a while, sad thing is I haven't had time to take care of it. It's gathering rust setting in my yard. I'll need to either get it going or sell it, it's a good old truck. It would make a nice truck for someone wanting to fix it up. Or just to drive. Mind you I am not putting it up for sale, just looking at my options. But, here is my problem. I can't seem to get the right fuel pump for it. The difference is, my old mechanical fuel pump has an arm that has several bends in it, the newer replacement fuel pumps have a straight arm. I am not getting fuel to the carb. I tested the new fuel pump and gas line by hand pumping the fuel pump, and I am getting gas through the pump. But when I have the new fuel pump on the truck, no gas. So, I am thinking the new fuel pump arm is not moving with the excentric cam, or not matching up, and so the arm is not moving to allow it to pump fuel through the pump to the carb. I have searched and searched and can't seem to get a fuel pump with the correct arm. I am no expert mechanic, so I may have to get the engine# off the engine, does anyone know where the engine# is located. It is a 1976 Supercab, 460 engine. I can upload some pics of the fuel pump and truck if anyone thinks they can help. Thanks!
Why dont you buy a block off plate for the pump and go with a electric fuel pump?, easy to do.........Where in the Marion area?.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:45 AM
clydeford
New User
I had thought of that. Never installed an electric fuel pump. Need to know the pressure or PSI for correct pump. Got any links on installing an electric pump. I live outside of marion. South of Marion.. Harrisburg!

Old 05-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Auto parts store should have plenty of pumps meant to be run on carbed vehicles, Holley has several available. Real simple, power to ign. keyed source, lines hook to pump just like the mech. one. ...............Hows the bass fishing in the lake of Egypt and Rend lake these days?

Old 05-11-2009, 06:38 PM
clydeford
New User
Haven't been fishing. To busy working on this dad gum truck. I'll get her though. Yea I'll give a look at the electric fuel pumps. thanks!