Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Simple Fuel Filter Change Goes Bad, Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 03:04 PM
Sparkplugless
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simple Fuel Filter Change Goes Bad, Help

So I'm doing just like Guzzle's directions say, I'm cleaning out the bottom of the fuel bowl, Oops... I broke a thin little wire off of a plate an inch or so off the bottom. I'm assuming it's the fuel heater, though it looks different than the one in Guzzles directions, maybe because mine is a late 99 and his probably newer. Is this a very bad thing? I know it's not good, but is it going to do any harm, or just not work? And if that's the case do I need it in the summer? Is there an upgrade I can do? Is this going to be expensive? You all have cost me a lot of money already, all of these mods ie. in tank mod, guages, DP tuner (on order, just before I read about RiffRaffs sale!) Warn Hubs, the list goes on and it's not my fault. I hold you all responsible, now I would like a bail-out please, (my truck is too big to fail) . After all I deserve these things, yeah, I have a right to them!
Sorry my entitlement mentality came out while I wasn't looking. Now I will let the American mentality take over. I'm grateful for all the help and advice offered so freely here, I thank God for blessing me with health, a wonderful family, and the resources He allows me to do things like this wiyh. I'm touched by all of the selflessness I see demonstrated here, not only in advice and actually going somewhere to help people you don't even know (all with no apparent thought of return), but the sincere compasion, when someone is having health problems, or towards the family of a member who has passed away, or someone trying to adopt a child, or... the list goes on, and I'm sure you know of some of the examples I've mentioned. It's things like this that give me hope for America.

Sorry didn't intend to chase that rabbit. Anyway, while I was at it (the fuel filter, not the rabbit) I noticed quite a bit of oil in the valley, HPOP? Or could it just as easily be something else? Thanks again, I don't know if or how to do the sig so,

Howard, 99.5 F350, CC, Dually, and a few mods.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:24 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
I like the way you think.

I believe you will be alright until the cool temps in the fall. I believe it's the older version of the fuel bowl heater wire.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:59 PM
danskool
Go Bills !
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Unplug it. Don't need it. They could short out and cause more problems anyways. If it shorts it will pop the fuse that your PCM(think it was the PCM) is running through. Mine looked good so i left mine plugged in and wired up. But when the time comes it is getting unplugged and tossed.

The hard part is finding that oil leak in the valley. I hate leaks and trying to track them down. A little leak can sometimes turn into a major leak. If it is a little leak, Those kind of suck. Have to wipe everything down and clean it. Then keep an eye on it with the help of rags to find it. Under the turbo/hpop and its hoses/port plugs. etc..

O yea.. Because of FTE i am in the hole as well. The money Mod pit hole. Not like some on here mine are simple but never the less $100 here, $100 there and !,000's to go.. I was running fine. Read through this site and seen all the mods and that was were i got into trouble.. But now the truck is running super.. My DP is next.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:01 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unplug the fuel heater at the fuel bowl or the truck won't start if the fuse blows. The PCM is on the same fuse as the heater.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:13 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Check the boots under the spider. The oil vapors from the CCV condense to oil and can leak through those boots.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:16 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Of course when I said you will be alright, I forgot to mention the part about just unplugging it. Damn Percosets...

Old 04-29-2009, 04:43 PM
RedBoat
Rather Be Floatin

You might want to get some simple green and spray the valley off and get everything clean and it will probably make the leak easier to find

Old 04-29-2009, 05:30 PM
danskool
Go Bills !
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by HKusp
Damn Percosets...
You read the the side effects of that stuff? WOW. Careful with that stuff my friend.
Side effects

The most commonly reported effects include constipation, fatigue, dizziness, nausea, lightheadedness, headache, dry mouth,anxiety, pruritus, and diaphoresis. It has also claimed to cause dimness in vision due to miosis. Some patients have also experienced loss of appetite, nervousness, anxiety, euphoria, abdominal pain, diarrhea, dyspnea, and hiccups, although these symptoms appear in less than 5% of patients taking oxycodone. Rarely, the drug can cause impotence, enlarged prostate gland, and decreased testosterone secretion.In high doses, overdoses, or in patients not tolerant to opiates, oxycodone can cause shallow breathing, bradycardia, cold, clammy skin, apnea, hypotension, pupil constriction, circulatory collapse, respiratory arrest, and death.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:46 PM
JT250
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
you wont be able to do a sig until you have like 20 or 25 posts. Seems like everyone has an oil leak lately.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Sparkplugless
Tuned
I had to do some running around so I put it back together, seemed ok. I guess I'll take it apart again and unplug it. Is the purpose of it to help cold starts? I have trouble when it's at all cold with the "romps", sometimes it is several attempts before it will even stay running. Fresh oil, new glowplugs and that heavy duty (Stancor?) GPR, nothing has fixed it. I would hate to add to the problem. As always, thanks for the help.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
I believe synthetic oil cures all romps.