Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

Enough already!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 05:18 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Angry Enough already!!!!!!!!

I am sick of rain! We have had around 8" of rain this week and more is forecast for tonight and tomorrow. It is sort of damp in my shop, seeing as to how I work outdoors, in the field.
I went to my camp at Moro Bay yesterday, boy is the water high! The campground where we had the G2G is flooded and there is over 2' of water under my camp. Another 3-4' rise is forecast, it will be close to getting inside this time, might be a good thing that I haven't finished the remodel yet.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:29 PM
drof46
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Moved to Arkansas a little over a year ago. I affectionately call it Mountain Home, Washington since its rained a lot.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:37 PM
arkredneck
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah the rain is getting old can't get nothing done outside

Old 05-10-2009, 09:11 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
I managed to mow most of my mud bog last week, it just happened to have about 24" of grass on top of it.

Between 5/1 and 5/6 we got 10" of rain out here, I'd guess we got another 4 or 5 inches since then.

Needless to say the ground is pretty squishy. one morning I had to turn around and go home and get the truck just to get to work:

Old 05-10-2009, 09:58 PM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
I am sick of rain! We have had around 8" of rain this week and more is forecast for tonight and tomorrow. It is sort of damp in my shop, seeing as to how I work outdoors, in the field.
I went to my camp at Moro Bay yesterday, boy is the water high! The campground where we had the G2G is flooded and there is over 2' of water under my camp. Another 3-4' rise is forecast, it will be close to getting inside this time, might be a good thing that I haven't finished the remodel yet.
Do ya need us to come down there and start sand bagging..

Old 05-11-2009, 02:07 PM
MaryfPoppins
Junior User
I moved here from CO 8 years ago. People refer to this as God's country and most of the year I would agree, except for the summer. We are getting all this rain now and then it will get HOT. I then call this place " God's Armpit " The only place I know where the sun goes down, the humidity level goes up and you walk around in "the air you wear". I can also relate to water in the shop as my barn has half the roof ,thanks to a straight line wind, and that's our shop.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:34 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by 1996pwrstrk
Do ya need us to come down there and start sand bagging..
Uh..... it would take a bunch of bags and then there's the problem of dry ground, or lack of........ We went back down today and there's 4" of water in the shed and it's about 2.5-3' from getting into the house. Crest is forecast for next weekend, might get pretty close

Old 05-11-2009, 06:20 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yep. I given up on calling it my driveway. Now it's just "the creek".

Old 05-11-2009, 07:25 PM
jimkidd
Elder User
In Aug we'll be sayin' "I wish it would rain." At least then the grass will be dead and I won't have to worry about mowing it. I've thought about spraying gas on it and setting it on fire. It's up to 2' tall in places and i can't mow it! I guess i could trod thru the mud and weed eat it. I think the gas sounds better.

jimbo

Old 05-11-2009, 09:19 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jimkidd
In Aug we'll be sayin' "I wish it would rain." At least then the grass will be dead and I won't have to worry about mowing it. I've thought about spraying gas on it and setting it on fire. It's up to 2' tall in places and i can't mow it! I guess i could trod thru the mud and weed eat it. I think the gas sounds better.

jimbo
Or do like my neighbor and brother-in-law do, once or twice a year they hook up the ole 5' pto tiller and just till it in..

Old 05-12-2009, 04:49 AM
RLDSL
Senior User
Originally Posted by tojoski
Or do like my neighbor and brother-in-law do, once or twice a year they hook up the ole 5' pto tiller and just till it in..
Now there's an idea.
I finally got tired of waiting for it to dry up, the stuff got up to 4ft in places so I was out Sun bushogging in the rain trying to get it back under control

Old 05-12-2009, 08:53 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jimkidd
In Aug we'll be sayin' "I wish it would rain."
Not me. I'll take one or two days a month over this crap anytime.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:39 PM
arkredneck
Posting Guru
i don't know about yalls jobs but i'm a electrician and a lot of our work is outside so sometimes when it rains there is no where to work so far we have been lucky

Old 05-12-2009, 05:49 PM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
I play(work) in the rain snow, sleet ,hail, you name it but I see it all through a windshield.Now Scott on the other hand gets out there and gets soaking wet except if it's a electrical storm then he can get under cover.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:58 AM
MaryfPoppins
Junior User
Is there such a thing as an " anti-rain dance"? I really would like it to be dry for my daughter's grad party Sunday. If we have a driveway for family and friends to get to the house. The neighbors redid the dam for their pond and it has a few issues due to all this rain. The drain pipe they put in is now exposed by 5ft and the bank is seriously subsiding!

Quick Reply: Enough already!!!!!!!!