Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

Anyone know of an inexpensive & good autobody repair/painting person south of KC?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 12:31 AM
stevenn1
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Anyone know of an inexpensive & good autobody repair/painting person south of KC?

I am planning on restoring my old Cougar. I am looking for a person, that could be working out of their home shop, that lives around Olathe or Overland Park area. Someone mentioned they knew someone north or south of Topeka, but that would probably be too far. I know autobody repair/painting work is not inexpensive in general, but I am trying to keep the cost down. I am trying to avoid the big well-known expensive full-priced body shops.

There is a guy in Olathe I have heard about that does this work out of his own shop in his back yard. He calls his business Clark Body. I dont know anything about his work though. Anyone know of him? And if so, is he good?

Old 04-20-2009, 06:38 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
I can't think of anyone in this group from over that way that might know, at least when it comes to regular posters.

if Topeka is out of the way, Jewell would especially be out of your way, but its the only place I know of that would do the best price for the highest quality. Flip4Ford can give you more info if you want.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:48 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
Yeah my dad's shop would be way out of the way. but he's good. :-)

Old 04-20-2009, 10:53 AM
stevenn1
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What town does he live in? I am just trying to limit the distance to a place since I usually dont have much home time being a truck driver & I would have to probably make 3 trips to it; 1. to get estimate and to see if they want the job, 2. to leave it there to be repaired, & 3. to pick it up. The greater the distance, the more chances of me taking it on a trailer. Does your dad do both body and paint work? I am basically wanting the entire outside re-done (all dents taken out & a total repaint) to stock.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
He did an excellent job on my car after I wrecked it, and did it for way way cheaper than any other place would do it. I couldn't have asked for better results for less money, no way no how.