Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Replacement rims

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Rocketattack
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacement rims

I just had my truck at a very reputable tire shop. I just bought a set of Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's for my Dually. The bad news is the kid that did the replacement set my rims in the machine incorrectly and dug grooves into my Eagle Alloy rims as he took the tires off the rims. Then they used an impact on them and dented the center cap severly. I even called back to them and told them to tighten the lugnuts by hand to 220ft/lbs 15 minutes after I left from dropping the truck off. These rims weren't marked before they got their hands on them. Now after calling around to find a price to repair the rims they decided to just replace them. My question is who would get to keep the original rims? It is their decision to replace the damaged rims but they still belong to me.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:54 PM
GenLightening
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the shops I worked at long ago, we would offer them to the customer or we would toss them out for them. Request that they give them to you, so that if anything else were to happen you have proof that they messed things up. The are yours and they made the mistake.