Sponsored by: DP Tuner

A few pics from the build

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Ziggy.
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
A few pics from the build

Well here is a few pics from the build a week and a half ago.

Here I am, working standing on the ground makin myself some room, if all else fails, flintstone it

Here's Scott hard at work

Trying to figure out how to get a screwdriver out of the downpipe

Here is a before pic from about a month after I got the truck.

Here she is all back together, i'm still not done doing all i'd like to in the engine compartment yet, i've got a list of stuff going.

Here's one from work I though I'd throw in here too, the boss's truck is the one next to mine, the other two are the goons I work with. I thought it was kinda funny.

She's still runnin like a champ, build went good, and nothing leaks

Old 04-14-2009, 10:22 PM
crum71
1/8 mile Oval Track

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would have to say,now that its over, it was a fun 1 day that I had. I kinda learned alot. I had seen pics of the inside of a 7.3 but never been inside of one before. I know your glad its back together now,but I would do it all over again,but from the beginning out and back in. Except next time,take a few band aids....

Old 04-14-2009, 10:24 PM
61 uni
Posting Guru
Looks live a lot of work. Glad you're happy with the results.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Ziggy.
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by crum71
I would have to say,now that its over, it was a fun 1 day that I had. I kinda learned alot. I had seen pics of the inside of a 7.3 but never been inside of one before. I know your glad its back together now,but I would do it all over again,but from the beginning out and back in. Except next time,take a few band aids....
Maybe I shoulda used the bandaid to hold down that valve spring
After its all said and done, it turned out good. and Chad's sister makes some good sandwiches too

Originally Posted by 61 uni
Looks live a lot of work. Glad you're happy with the results.
It was quite abit of work, it went how it usually goes, not the planned way, but all in all, we had a good time and got the job done

Old 04-14-2009, 10:38 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You did balance the rotating assembly, correct?

Got it down again tonight, can get a motor out in two hours, three of us, and the damn thing is STILL hot lol.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:39 PM
crum71
1/8 mile Oval Track

Yeah,a band aid would have helped thats for sure. And whats this about a sandwich? If I remember correctly, I did see to females get in and out of the car.... You the MAN !!!!

[quote=Ziggy.;7387966]Maybe I shoulda used the bandaid to hold down that valve spring
After its all said and done, it turned out good. and Chad's sister makes some good sandwiches too

Old 04-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Ziggy.
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by strokin_it7.3
You did balance the rotating assembly, correct?

Got it down again tonight, can get a motor out in two hours, three of us, and the damn thing is STILL hot lol.
Nope sure didnt, not going to worry about it. When she goes she goes, if it does, it would make a little more sense if you knew my standpoint, but anyways, when it goes i'm just going to build another motor from the block up to go in it, and take all the time do things then.

[quote=crum71;7388002]Yeah,a band aid would have helped thats for sure. And whats this about a sandwich? If I remember correctly, I did see to females get in and out of the car.... You the MAN !!!!
Haha, the night when JD and jeff left, I took a nap for a few min in the truck, and then worked on the truck a little more. Then I went inside downstairs to watch tv for a little and get some rest, Chasity brought me a sandwich and some other food, and something to drink. Then the next day when I first started it, she came out, and fixed me another one
Sat night when her friend Katie was over there when me and JD were still out there, they were both a little lit, and she wanted me to take a look at the belt on her car for some Jack Daniels, I coulda struck a better deal than that, but that would be taking advantage of her But she was askin for it

Old 04-14-2009, 10:57 PM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
Is his sister hot? Was she the one driving the beamer???

If that transmission hadn't been such a PITA, it would have been alot more enjoyable of a time. I wish I had been able to be there earlier though to help out. Glad to hear that everything is running good.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:59 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You used a torque wrench on all the nuts and bolts, right?

Old 04-14-2009, 11:05 PM
crum71
1/8 mile Oval Track

Yep,she was the one. Looked older than she was though.

Originally Posted by jeff7825

If that transmission hadn't been such a PITA, it would have been alot more enjoyable of a time. I wish I had been able to be there earlier though to help out. Glad to hear that everything is running good.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Ziggy.
Posting Guru

Yessir she was, you didnt get to see Katie, she had left that morning, way before you got there. I've got some interesting stories that have happened over the years since chad and I have been racing together
Originally Posted by strokin_it7.3
You used a torque wrench on all the nuts and bolts, right?
yessir

Old 04-14-2009, 11:10 PM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by crum71
Yep,she was the one. Looked older than she was though.

Oh, well I didn't get a good look at her so I couldn't tell what she looked like. Cory was too busy barking orders at me for me to even concentrate on anything else.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Ziggy.
Posting Guru
Oh, well I didn't get a good look at her so I couldn't tell what she looked like. Cory was too busy barking orders at me for me to even concentrate on anything else.
sorry jeff, I'll see if I cant round you up a pic soon, i'm usually overthere a couple of times a week, i'll see if I cant get you one tomorrow, i've got to go do the valves on his 250f before muddy creek

Old 04-14-2009, 11:19 PM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Ziggy.
sorry jeff, I'll see if I cant round you up a pic soon, i'm usually overthere a couple of times a week, i'll see if I cant get you one tomorrow, i've got to go do the valves on his 250f before muddy creek

Yeah well I didn't really take a good glance because I thought that was his girlfriend. I don't know why, I guess I just assumed she was. Oh well, back to the original topic, your truck.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:32 PM
Ziggy.
Posting Guru
Yeah well I didn't really take a good glance because I thought that was his girlfriend. I don't know why, I guess I just assumed she was. Oh well, back to the original topic, your truck.
Anyways, I shat a small brick on the test drive, when I popped the IC boot going into the Y, it did it when I first eased on it, apparently I didnt get it on enough. But that issue is fixed now, but the drivers side where the Y goes into the intake has been giving me a little trouble about staying on, i'm going to fix that shortly with a hold down strap. I'm thinking of making an IC bypass tube at work out of my old pipes, I'm playing around some here and there with the water, so we'll see what happens.

Quick Reply: A few pics from the build