BIg stalling problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 08:00 PM
NoSlak
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BIg stalling problem

I am going crazy with this.
Here goes fellas, for 2 months now my engine will stall and die, won't run until after about 10 minutes, they have changed the fuel pump, fuel relay switch and I think somthing else at the dealer.
It has NEVER stalled or died out on them and they are only going by my word. Once in a while the check engine light comes on and they will see that somthing is worn ( which is why they changed those parts, however we beleive it might be an electrical short of some kind.
Those parts failed, THEN the reverse sensor failed, they replaced it only to realize that it was fine and something else had turned it off, then the reverse lights failed. I also did have custom backup lights installed and the Ford dealer said well maybe it was those lights shorting things out.... thing is those lights had been on there for 2 years now. I did get bubl replacements 4 months ago along with a new bumper and my own mechanic did that and I trust him.
So after having my truck back now for 2 weeks and running just fine it stalled out at low RPM's usually at stop signs or lights, then when I finally got it started I had no power , I would floor the pedal and get maybe 1500-2k RPM's. I would let it sit for a while then it would work ok. So back to the dealer tomorrow but it's getting so that if they don't experience the problem they'll just give it back.
Also , only ONCE in a while will the check engine light go on, I stalled out and lost power about 5 times in 1/2 hour Saturday when finally the check engine light came on but it's been no help really.
ANy help would be greatly appreciated folks.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:28 PM
BareBones
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you ever get the computer re-programmed for the dying at idle problem? Mine is a 2005 and it used to die at stops. The dealer re-programmed it and replaced the TPS and everything has been fine for years.

Hmmmm.... Actually, if they're just throwing parts at it, they could try replacing the throttle position sensor? Come to think of it, I believe the problem didn't go away until the TPS was replaced.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:55 PM
NoSlak
Junior User
THanks man, I will tell them what you said tomorrow.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:54 PM
NoSlak
Junior User
2 Days at the dealers mechanics and they still can't figure it out. It MIGHT be a processor in the computer they say but not sure......